• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

ubuntu8.04 fresh install fails -UID=110 hardcoded?

M

Michael OBrien

I'm trying to install plesk 9.01 on ubuntu 8.04 using the web installer interface but it keeps error-ing out with this
Errors were encountered while procesing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/plesk-base 9.0.1-ubuntu8.04.build90090127.18.i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
ERROR: An error occurred on attempt to install packages. Attention! Your software might be inoperable

When I save the error log from the web and check it back the lines immediately before it are

Checking for the user 'popuser'..
ERROR: It seems there is a user with UID=110 in this system, but Plesk needs the same UID for its operating. Unfortunately, this situation has not yet been resolved.

Is there anyway for me to solve this, I don't have alot of user accounts but wouldn't like to have to change the UID if its going to disable any current account

Update:
Uid 110 is used by dhcp as listed in passwd file of my system. Whats the reason for plesk hardcoding a UID and how do I solve it for my system without breaking anything

Back