• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Unable to access FTP files for WordPress instance for AWS Lightsail Plesk hosting

DigitalSplendid

Regular Pleskian
Unable to access remote files for digitalsplendid.host, WordPress instance created on Plesk Ubuntu through AWS Lightsail.

Created a ticket on Plesk. Received response here: Plesk.

Here are the screenshots from my Plesk dashboard for digitalsplendid.host:

Plesk1

Plesk2

Plesk4

Plesk5

As could be seen from the last screenshot, from FileZilla using option of Host, Username, and Password, unable to connect at all.

However, could connect using Site Manager option under Files.

Here is the process that I followed:

First, download SSH Key from Amazon Lightsail, Accounts (Plesk7). For my case, it is Mumbai (Plesk8).

Next, install PuTTY (using Microsoft Windows on desktop).

Access PuTTy gen by windows search on desktop Plesk9.

Click Load and upload the file downloaded from Amazon Lightsail Accounts (Plesk10). Make sure to opt for All Files.

Plesk12

Under Save the generated key, choose as "Save private key". Click Yes for Are you sure you want to save this key without a passphrase.

Give a name to the file and Save (will be saved as .ppk file).

Next, go to File Zilla, and Site Manager under File. Follow the screenshot here: Plesk13.

Click Connect.

I could access remote files and directories (see screenshot: Plesk14).

As guided on this thread (Issue - Unable to connect with FileZilla), I went up to /var/www/vhosts/digitalsplendid.host. But beyond digitalsplendid.host, I am not allowed to access files/directories (Plesk15).

So, unable to access WordPress files such as wp-content within digitalsplendid.host.

Unable to access remote files for digitalsplendid.host, WordPress instance created on Plesk Ubuntu through AWS Lightsail.

Created a ticket on Plesk. Received response here: Plesk.

Here are the screenshots from my Plesk dashboard for digitalsplendid.host:

Plesk1

Plesk2

Plesk4

Plesk5

As could be seen from the last screenshot, from FileZilla using option of Host, Username, and Password, unable to connect at all.

However, could connect using Site Manager option under Files.

Here is the process that I followed:

First, download SSH Key from Amazon Lightsail, Accounts (Plesk7). For my case, it is Mumbai (Plesk8).

Next, install PuTTY (using Microsoft Windows on desktop).

Access PuTTy gen by windows search on desktop Plesk9.

Click Load and upload the file downloaded from Amazon Lightsail Accounts (Plesk10). Make sure to opt for All Files.

Plesk12

Under Save the generated key, choose as "Save private key". Click Yes for Are you sure you want to save this key without a passphrase.

Give a name to the file and Save (will be saved as .ppk file).

Next, go to File Zilla, and Site Manager under File. Follow the screenshot here: Plesk13.

Click Connect.

I could access remote files and directories (see screenshot: Plesk14).

As guided on this thread (Issue - Unable to connect with FileZilla), I went up to /var/www/vhosts/digitalsplendid.host. But beyond digitalsplendid.host, I am not allowed to access files/directories (Plesk15).

So, unable to access WordPress files such as wp-content within digitalsplendid.host.
Hi there, have you managed to figure this out at all? Im faced with the same issue

4.png

In case you intend to connect with FTP for files access, make sure to open ports 20-22, 49152-65535 under Networking. They are blocked by default.

Sorry, another question, have you been able to connect to plesk via SSH (terminal) perhaps? I cannot seem to get it to work. I can ssh directly from putty to AWS server but I cannot fin where httdocs for plesk are located. I cannot access the files i get the same error as with FTP (permission denied) I can do cd /var/www/vhosts/my folder name but cannot access it. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Back