1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to change password

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by kclo, Apr 11, 2010.

1. kclo

kclo Guest

I have installed Plesk 9.3 in CentOS/RedHat Linux 5.

As I need to setup on RedHat cluster, I have copy all files under /etc/psa to a shared directory /shared/etcpsa and created a soft link under /etc

ln -s /shared/etcpsa psa

All login and admin functions are running properly. However I cannot change the admin password through Plesk admin page and get the following errors :

"copy_file failed: copy_file: System Error: invalid file paths in /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/copy_file /usr/local/psa/tmp/nsfjqYC7g /etc/psa/.psa.shadow:"

I can manually change admin password by changing the mysql admin password and put this password into /etc/psa/.psa.shadow.
    However, what is the function of copy_file. I guess that it create a tmp file under tmp and copy it to /etc/psa/.psa.shadow. I have checked all file security.

How to solve it?