• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to change PHP version of website linked to WP Toolkit

wrd

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.59_build1800240229.10 os_Ubuntu 22.04
I recently had an update made to the server and the latest version of plesk and or toolkit now blocks the ability to be able to change PHP version without upgrading to a premium version of toolkit even if you access the domain via the 'Domains' link.

Why is this a thing?? I now have to detach the website, change the PHP version then delete the detach file and then reattach it lol OR pay for WordPress toolkit. I don't understand the logic behind this, how and why does toolkit put things native to plesk which we already pay for behind a paywall?

Do you mean the feature shown in the image below? That's the Smart PHP Update feature. Which can be used to check how a website will work on a different version of PHP without affecting the production site. It has always been a premium feature.

You should still be able to change the PHP version on the domains dashboard via de the PHP settings (same way as you would for non WP sites).

You can hide the feature by adding the following lines to your panel.ini file.
Code:
[ext-wp-toolkit]
smartPhpUpdateFeature = false

wp-toolkit-deluxe-1.png

Back