• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to "complete switching to the Panel 10 business model"

matt.simpson

Basic Pleskian
---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4.4 Update #36, Red Hat Enterprise 5, x86

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

I am unable to "complete switching to the Panel 10 business model" because there are 2 client accounts that remain problematic despite me doing the transition.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

I have upgraded from Plesk 9.3 to Plesk 10.4 and expectedly received the "Please complete switching to the Panel 10 business model" message when I log in as the admin user. I went through the process and resolved all of the issues I could, but there is 1 issue remaining which I am unable to resolve.

1. When I log into Plesk it shows me the "Please complete switching to the Panel 10 business model" message, so I click on the link to resolve the issue.

2. Plesk shows me that I have 2 customers to transition, so I check the box to the right and click "OK" to proceed with the transition.

3. The transition appears to have completed successfully because it shows me "Information: Selected customers and subscriptions were transitioned." but that is not the case, the 2 problematic customer accounts remain untransitioned no matter how many times I repeat this process.

Here are the records that are causing issue in the psa.clients table:
id parent_id type cr_date cname pname login account_id status phone fax email address city state pcode country locale limits_id params_id perm_id pool_id logo_id tmpl_id sapp_pool_id guid overuse vendor_id external_id
2 1 reseller 2009-04-26 Primary Account Name Primary Account Name primary account 1 0 613-555-1212 [email protected] 123 Example St Kingston ON K7L3N6 CA en-US 1 NULL 1 4 NULL NULL NULL 2a450258-df3e-4332-928c-59c278bcc89a false 1
3 2 client 2009-04-27 Client Account 1 Client Account 1 client1 2 0 613-555-1212 [email protected] ON K7L3N6 CA en-US NULL NULL NULL 5 NULL NULL NULL d0b0f312-c83b-451b-a965-2ad24420fd22 false 2
4 2 client 2009-04-27 Client Account 2 Client Account 2 client2 55 0 613-555-1212 [email protected] ON K7L3N6 CA en-US NULL NULL NULL 6 NULL NULL NULL 14f944cd-acd7-41ec-9274-7c7v0fB2f4ar false 2

I can't figure it out.

Does anyone know the database query that is returning the two problematic client records? Maybe that will help me see what I need to manually transition in the database directly.

ACTUAL RESULT

The 2 problematic accounts are not transitioned despite the number of times I repeat the process.

EXPECTED RESULT

The problematic accounts are transitioned and the "Parallels Plesk Panel 10 employs a new business model. The essential business objects were automatically converted during the upgrade: clients were converted to customers, domains to subscriptions, and so on. However, several extra steps are required to complete switching to the new model. The steps depend on the way you used a previous version of Plesk to organize your business, so they cannot be performed in a fully automatic manner. Please complete switching to the Panel 10 business model." message goes away.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Happy to provide anything if anything else is needed.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
I am having the exact same issue, I hope you have managed to find a resolution as I have 2 servers with this problem.
Waiting for you kind reply.
Thank you.

Hello lo_ai,

I would love to say I've solved it... but I haven't. The issue persists. I'm a bit hesitant to upgrade to version 11 until I get this figured out. If I come up with anything, I'll certainly post it. If you figure anything out, please let me know.

~Matt

Yes, same here, not going to 11 until I resolve this, I have been googling for few days, and it seems that only me and you have faced this issue, very strange, and plesk KB is empty of any thing of this sort.

Any way if I reach any thing I will let you know.
Thank you.

Switching those clients to a Reseller Level tends to resolve that problem ...

Try to replace /usr/local/psa/admin/panel/application/views/scripts/business-model-upgrade/customers.phtml with attached file and inform me with results.

Attachments

• customers.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 6
has anyone tried the solution Igor posted? Does it work? I haven't had any problems with leaving things the way they are with the message at the top of plesk saying the business model needs switched. But I'm guessing that this should be fixed before upgrading to 11 like everyone else thinks.

I've not tried Igor's solution but the way I got around the issue was to simply move the problem domains (which all had subdomains, btw) to another client (or to the admin's account). They then dissapear from the transition list. You then move them back to the original client and all is well.

Please be aware that I don't know if this might cause problems later on. Use at your own risk. I only know that it worked 100% of the time for me.

Faris.

Subdomains seem the cause

Hi Guys,

I had this problem also and after reading this thread I checked and saw that the problem accounts did indeed have subdomains attached so Faris you hit the nail on the head, many thanks, luckily my clients were not using these subdomains so I deleted them and the accounts transitioned with no problems, I know this might not help you guys if your clients are actively using the subdomains but this was what fixed it for me

Cheers
Bob

Hi Faris,
How can I determine the problem domain in any givin customer?
Thank you.

At the transition page you get to see a list of clients to be transitioned ..Clicking any of them will give you where you can click and see ALL subscriptions / domains for that client.

anyone know of a way to get around this when there are subdomains without deleting the subdomains? I have multiple subdomains setup on various domains, and none of them can be deleted.

You could:

1. Create new customer accounts and assign those subscriptions to those / that newly created customer(s)
2. Transition them / Upgrade them to Reseller Level / Plan, then later you can down-grade them..

You really don't have to delete / to loose anything to get that resolved. Deletion of a subdomain would be so drastic and not worth the solution ...

thanks for the quick response. I'll look into that. Guess I should really look into how the customer accounts and subscriptions truely work.

Right now I have 3 domains, and all just under a customer thats me. Since I control everything, and am the webmaster of each of the domains, I never really seperated anything out.

However maybe i'll setup a customer per domain, since they are three seperate websites/applications. and move each domain under the new customers.

Back