• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Unable to connect the mail via iPhone or Thunderbird (or others)

Masha

New Pleskian
Hello,

I'm currently encountering a problem with the connection of emails via the outside (thunderbird, email on iphone, etc...).

I have a domain name linked on Cloudflare with the same configuration as on Plesk, I have good access to my emails, I can receive and send them from my site with Roundcube, however, I can not connect the emails on an external platform that my site ...
In spite of the flashcode to easily connect your mail via Apple, or the manual configuration, the different techniques ask me to look if there is a problem on my server, because the connection is not made.

I have plesk email security, which I think is not a problem and I added a firewall rule as the picture shows below

1608829418613.png

I don't know if it's a good thing to have done this but in both cases, with or without, it doesn't work, I've tried to find the answer to my problem but I can't find :(

Do you have any idea where this might come from?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer me, and wishing you a happy holiday season!

Masha

It's thinkable that traffic on pots 465 and 993 is blocked by Cloudflare. Have you tried to use the host name of the server instead (not routed through Cloudflare)?

It's thinkable that traffic on pots 465 and 993 is blocked by Cloudflare. Have you tried to use the host name of the server instead (not routed through Cloudflare)?

Hello, No I didn't try, as I wish in any case to go through cloudflare, nevertheless in the recording I followed the recordings that plesk makes,

I can eventually try, but in this case I would have another problem, that's why eventually I would have liked to find the problem and the patch via cloudflare, I'm probably missing an entry?

1608841070821.png

Thank you for your prompt response! and good evening

Try following:

1. make sure your IP address is not blocked in Fail2Ban because of too many failed attempts
2. make sure you are using the right domain for secured connections. You need to use the system/server host name, which is not necessarily the domain for your mail account
3. make sure you are using the correct ports, username and password in the mail client

Let us know if this helps

Try following:

1. make sure your IP address is not blocked in Fail2Ban because of too many failed attempts
2. make sure you are using the right domain for secured connections. You need to use the system/server host name, which is not necessarily the domain for your mail account
3. make sure you are using the correct ports, username and password in the mail client

Let us know if this helps
Hello,

Unfortunately, by respecting these 3 steps, it does not work... it would come from Cloudflare?

Thanks

Yes, your issue could very well be because of Cloudflare if you have enabled their
65facc0b726bf6b3e8f4fd67f9eba8fcb81b842d.png
proxy. Switch off the proxy if enabled, and try to see if you can connect with an email client (i.e Thunderbird).

Back