• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Unable to connect to database

Pentarou

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I have downloaded and installed the latest NextCloud docker image and set the port and firewall configurations properly. I am welcomed by the NextCloud installer and choose to use the MySQL / MariaDB database and made sure that I entered the correct login details. However, NextCloud could not connect to the database with the following error:

Code:
Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

I suspect it is a firewall issue nonetheless, does anyone have an idea how to fix it?

Thank you in in advance!

1. Produce a MySQL Dump (mysqldump -u username -p --all-databases > dump.sql)
  2. Delete all mysql-packages (dpkg --purge mysql...)
  3. Reinstall mysql
mysql -u root -p

CREATE DATABASE owncloud;
GRANT ALL ON owncloud.* to 'owncloud'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'set_database_password';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

1. Restore MySQL Dump (mysql -u username -p database_name < dump.sql)
  2. Backup /var/www/owncloud/config + /var/www/owncloud/data
  3. Delete all owncloud* Packages
  4. Reinstall owncloud
  5. Restore /var/www/owncloud/config + /var/www/owncloud/data from backup
How To Install and Configure ownCloud on Ubuntu 16.04 | DigitalOcean

Hello m3lezZ, and thank you kindly for your reply.

I do not think that reinstalling the database will help. I found this article that suggests that I use the server IP and port number as the address of the database server, which I have tried, and gave me the following error:

Code:
Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused

Again it seems that it is a firewall problem, but my database is configured to allow remote connections from any host, so I'm a bit confused.

There is no such file, but /etc/init.d/psa-firewall, which you can view here.

I can't reach port 3306 from Powershell, so at least I know it's a firewall issue now.

Back