• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

"Unable to create notification" - Backup fails

DennisAm

Basic Pleskian
Hi there!

My Plesk backup doesn't work properly. I constantly get the error "dump file has wrong format".
I followed the steps in "How to verify an invalid Plesk backup file" (http://kb.odin.com/en/117208) and found the following:
Code:
C:\Users\Administrator>c:\xmllint\xmllint.exe --noout --schema "%plesk_dir%\PMM\
plesk.xsd" "D:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Backup\manual_info_1411131008
_formatted.xml"
file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Parallels/Plesk/Backup/manual_info_1411131008
_formatted.xml:2769: element notification: Schemas validity error : Element 'not
ification': Missing child element(s). Expected is ( notice-text ).
D:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Backup\manual_info_1411131008_formatted.x
ml fails to validate

This is the line the tool refers to:
Code:
      <notification id="23" send2admin="true" send2reseller="false" send2client="false" send2email="false" email="" subj="Application Updates."/>
      <notification id="24" send2admin="false" send2reseller="false" send2client="false" send2email="false" email="" subj="Application Updates.">
        <notice-text>extension=php_intl.dll
extension=php_fileinfo.dll</notice-text>
      </notification>

As you can see, in notification id 23, there is no <notice-text> which seems to cause the error.

So I went to the Notifications part in Plesk and got the following error:
"Error: Unable to create notification: Unable to create Note object: Note: unable to select: no such row in the table"

backuperror.png

No matter what I do (updating settings, saving, etc.), the error keeps coming back. Seems like a database inconsistency. How can I access the Plesk DB through PhpMyAdmin to check the notifications table? When I go to Settings > Database servers > Local MySQL server > Webadmin, I only see my customers' databases.

Thanks in advance for any reactions.
Dennis

Use following command for access to psa database:

"C:\%plesk_dir%\mysql\bin\mysql" -uadmin -p<password> -P8306 psa

Thank you Igor.

Hmm, nothing strange in the notifications table. Where should I look next?

Code:
mysql> SELECT * FROM notifications \g

+----+--------+------------+---------------+-------------+----------+-----------
-+-------+----------------------------------------------------------------------
--------+---------+

| id | status | send2admin | send2reseller | send2client | send2dlu | send2email | email | subj | note_id |

+----+--------+------------+---------------+-------------+----------+----------
-+-------+----------------------------------------------------------------------
--------+---------+

| 1 | | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | Notification of the customer creation. | 1 |

| 2 | | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | Notification of the site creation. | 2 |

| 3 | | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0| | Notification: Resource usage by subscription has exceeded the allotments. | 3 |

| 6 | | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | Subscription event notification: The subscription term has expired. | 6 |

| 7 | | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | Subscription event notification: The subscription term is about to expire. | 7 |

| 12 | | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | Application Manager Error notification. | 12 |

| 13 | | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | Notification of the reseller creation. | 13 |

| 16 | | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | Notification: Resource limits exceeded by reseller account. | 16 |

| 18 | | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0| | Notification: Subscription was suspended due to resource overuse. | 18 |

| 20 | | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | Notification: Reseller account has exceeded its limits and was suspended. | 20 |

| 22 | | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | Notification: Resources overuse blocked for reseller account. | 22 |

| 23 | | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | Application Updates. | 23 |

| 24 | | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | Application Updates. | 24 |

| 25 | | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | Application Updates. | 25 |

| 26 | | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | Attempts to exceed outgoing limits for domains, mailboxes and subscriptions. | 26 |

+----+--------+------------+---------------+-------------+----------+-----------
--------+---------+

15 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Found it :)
There was indeed no row for id 23 in the database, just added it. Now I don't get the error on the Notifications page anymore and the backup is running again. THANKS A LOT! :)
Topic can be closed.

Code:
mysql> SELECT * FROM notes \g
+----+--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------+
| id | text

|
+----+--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  1 | A new customer account has been created.
Customer's contact name: <client_contact_name>
Customer's login: <client_login>
To obtain your password, please proceed to :8443/get_password">https://<hostname>:8443/get_password.
php?email=<client_email>&login_name=<client_login>
Panel entry point: :8443">https://<hostname>:8443  |
|  2 | A new domain name has been created.
Domain name: <domain>
Domain name owner: <user_contact_name>
IP address associated with the domain name: <ip>
  |
|  3 | The '<domain_name>' subscription, owned by user '<user_contact_name>', is
approaching or already exceeded the resource usage limits:
<resource_table>
  |
|  6 | The term of subscription '<domain_name>', owned by user <user_contact_nam
e> (username '<user_login>') has expired.
The subscription and all related services were deactivated on <domain_expiration
_date>.
  |
|  7 | The term of subscription '<domain_name>', owned by user <user_contact_nam
e> (username '<user_login>') is about to expire.
The subscription and all related services will be deactivated by <domain_expirat
ion_date> unless the subscription term is prolonged.
  |
| 12 | The Application Manager has reported the following error: <error_name>.
See the error details below:
-----
<error_details>
-----
  |
| 13 | A new reseller account has been created.
Reseller's contact name: <reseller_contact_name>
Reseller's login: <reseller_login>
To obtain your password, please proceed to :8443/get_password">https://<hostname>:8443/get_password.
php?email=<reseller_email>&login_name=<reseller_login>
Panel entry point: :8443">https://<hostname>:8443 |
| 16 | The '<reseller_contact_name>' account is approaching or already exceeded
the limits:
<resource_table>
  |
| 18 | The following resources were overused by subscription '<domain_name>', ow
ned by user '<user_contact_name>':
<resource_table>
The subscription was suspended.
  |
| 20 | The following resource limits were exceeded by reseller '<reseller_contac
t_name>'):
<resource_table>
The reseller account was suspended.
  |
| 22 | Subscription of reseller '<reseller_contact_name>' tried to use more '<li
mit_name>' resource than can be provided to the reseller. The operation that tri
ed to use more resources was blocked.
  |

================ NO ROW FOR ID 23 HERE, ADDED IT AND THAT FIXED THE PROBLEM ========================

| 24 | extension=php_intl.dll
extension=php_fileinfo.dll

|
| 25 | <available_updates_text><available_updates_list><installed_updates_text><
installed_updates_list><requirements_updates_text><requirements_updates_list>
  |
| 26 | Please be informed,
following customers' domains, mailboxes and subscriptions are reached their limi
ts for outgoing emails for the period:
From <from>
To <to><domains_list><mails_list><subscriptions_list>
  |
15 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Back