• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to export file as file: FTP network error.

occinodo

Basic Pleskian
When I try to move a back-up from the FTP repository to the local repositoy I get the following error:
Unable to export file as file: FTP network error.

I have more than enough free space on both the local server and the FTP repository and the back-up is only about 2.40GB in size.

How can I troubleshoot what is causing this issue?
I'm on ‪CentOS Linux 7.1.1503 and Plesk 12.5.30 Update #15

The FTP repository is a Synology DS214+ DSM 5.2-5644 Update 1

Thanks!

Hello occinodo,

Could you provide us with output of the command 'df -h' from the local server to which you try to move a backup, please?

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/vg_plesk-lv_root 148G 8.4G 140G 6% /
devtmpfs 1.9G 0 1.9G 0% /dev
tmpfs 1.9G 0 1.9G 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 1.9G 191M 1.7G 11% /run
tmpfs 1.9G 0 1.9G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mapper/vg_plesk-lv_tmp 1014M 33M 982M 4% /tmp
/dev/vda1 497M 146M 352M 30% /boot

Hello occinodo,

As I can see, /tmp has 982 Mb of free space, however the backup has size 2.40GB. To move the backup it is necessary to increase available space for /tmp.

Oh, yes I see, thanks for the info!

This is my current /etc/fstab file, but the size= variable isn't there, what should I do to extend the size of my tmp folder?
#
# /etc/fstab
# Created by anaconda on Thu Aug 27 15:53:05 2015
#
# Accessible filesystems, by reference, are maintained under '/dev/disk'
# See man pages fstab(5), findfs(8), mount(8) and/or blkid(8) for more info
#
/dev/mapper/vg_plesk-lv_root / xfs defaults,uquota,gquota 1 1
UUID=ada1589b-d333-43de-a014-40c1df74ccd5 /boot xfs defau$
/dev/mapper/vg_plesk-lv_tmp /tmp xfs defaults,noatime,noexec,nosuid,noquota 0 2
/dev/mapper/vg_plesk-swap swap swap defaults 0 0

Thanks!

Hi,

Can you please try this,
Starting from Plesk 9.5 it is possible to change the location of the temporary storage.

- Open the file /etc/psa/psa.conf for editing.
- Locate the variable DUMP_TMP_D and replace the /tmp value with the path to the new location of the temporary directory.
- Make sure new path has full permissions granted.

Ref: https://kb.odin.com/en/8684

Thank you,

Thanks, that would solve my problem indeed.
The only thing that is bothering me somewhat is that I could then be subjected to a denial of service attack by filling up /tmp which would then fill up the root filesystem and everything would stop. It also means that I cannot mount /tmp with noexec,nosuid and stop various exploits in that way. Would there be any option to avoid that risk?

Or would that not be the case if I only change this parameter for Plesk?

Last edited:
The only thing that is bothering me somewhat is that I could then be subjected to a denial of service attack by filling up /tmp which would then fill up the root filesystem and everything would stop. It also means that I cannot mount /tmp with noexec,nosuid and stop various exploits in that way. Would there be any option to avoid that risk?

Really, there is no danger: the scenario (as described by you) will not and cannot happen.

In short, no risk and no need to alter anything in order to prevent something.

However, your whole server will always perform a little bit better with a larger /tmp directory.

Regards....

Back