• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to get webmail password!

sthumfart

New Pleskian
I get an error when i try to access my webmail(horde) over the i-net i get error Unable to get webmail password every time.
The error appeared when i upgraded from 11.09 to 11.5.
I also followed this tutorial but it didn't worked too. --> http://kb.parallels.com/en/115742

Any suggestions what I am making wrong ?

Grettings

But does it work?

# su - apache -s /bin/sh -c "cat /etc/psa-webmail/horde/.horde.shadow"

Edit: see posts below, this is a bit erroneous!

First of all: simply try restarting Apache. If this will fix your problem - good.

Please note that the KB is for Plesk < 11.5.29, i.e. it is not applicable to latest version.

Please ensure relevant configuration files have correct permissions:
# ls -al /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/db.inc.php /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/.roundcube.shadow
-rw-r----- 1 root root 15 Jun 14 17:43 /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/.roundcube.shadow
-rw-r----- 1 root roundcube_sysgroup 2897 Jun 14 17:43 /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/db.inc.php

And roundcube DB passwords in both files match and the DB is actually accessible using this password.

Last edited:
Nikolay. just notice that initial issue about horde but not roundcube.

Oops, sorry :)

But permissions were revamped in a similar manner, nonetheless.

# ls -al /etc/psa-webmail/horde/.horde.shadow
-rw-r----- 1 root horde_sysgroup 15 Jun 14 17:43 /etc/psa-webmail/horde/.horde.shadow

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the answers .. :)

I tried the commands the .horde.shadow is here and there is a combination of some letters in it..
And i also executed the second command and also the permissions were the same ..
Got no clue how to figure that out because it seems that everything is working but i still get this popup..

Any suggestions?

I have the same permissions for
#ls -al /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/db.inc.php /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/.roundcube.shadow as for horde
# su - apache -s /bin/sh -c "cat /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/.roundcube.shadow" returns password after changing permissions
#chown root.apache /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/.roundcube.shadow but still get the unable to get webmail password.

I am having the same issue under Plesk 12.0.18 Update #13. Each time I create a new domain and activate webmail, it seems to be necessary to go back and set permissions on .horde.shadow:

chmod 755 /etc/psa-webmail/horde/.horde.shadow

But my question is; Why?

Why should it be necessary to SSH in and use the CLI to set a permission on something that is supposed to be activate/deactivated via the GUI and why does it seem necessary to repeat this each time a new domain is created and webmail activated? Quite what is going wrong in Plesk for the permissions on a standard piece of config to need to be set like this, and once fixed, why/how do the permissions seem to regress and need to be reset?

I can't reproduce this issue on my test Plesk 12 server and I have following permission:

# stat /etc/psa-webmail/horde/.horde.shadow
File: `/etc/psa-webmail/horde/.horde.shadow'
Size: 15 Blocks: 8 IO Block: 4096 regular file
Device: 1fh/31d Inode: 54116003 Links: 1
Access: (0640/-rw-r-----) Uid: ( 0/ root) Gid: ( 505/horde_sysgroup)

Back