• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to install german language pack

V

Valentin

Today I've installed Plesk Reloaded 7.5.3 on a blank debian 3.1 box - Works great, but there's absolutely no chance to install a language pack.
The installation fails everytime with the same error:

-=>> ./plesk_v7.5.3_locale_de-DE_050209.17.sh

"de-DE" locale will be added to your control panel.

Do you want to continue? [N] y

So, it's time to unpack distribution files
All files will be extracted into /opt/psa directory
This operation takes some time,
please, wait...

===> Extracting files ...
Extraction successfully completed

chown: Zugriff auf ,,/opt/psa/admin/htdocs/locales/de-DE/" nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
chmod: Zugriff auf ,,/opt/psa/admin/htdocs/locales/de-DE/" nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
find: /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/locales/de-DE/: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
chown: Zugriff auf ,,/opt/psa/admin/plib/locales/de-DE/conhelp_de-DE.php" nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

ERROR while trying to chown root:psaadm /opt/psa/admin/plib/locales/de-DE/conhelp_de-DE.php
Check the error reason, fix and try again

Aborting...

"Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden" means "File or Directory not found".

The same problem with the Languagefile Manager in plesk - fails with the same error :/

Any Ideas?

hello Valentin

I had the same issues with installing the german Language pack. Somehow the Language pack seems to write some files to the /usr/local/psa directory. But Plesks Debian installation is under /opt/psa.

I managed to get it work by copying the whole stuff from /usr/local/psa to /opt/psa as follows:

cp -rpf /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/locales/de-DE/ /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/locales/

cp -rpf /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/locales/de-DE /opt/psa/admin/plib/locales/

Type "y" if it asks to overwrite the original file.

Now you can re-run the Language-Pack Script and it should go without any error message.
After all you may want to delete /usr/local/psa by rm -r /usr/local/psa (only do this if you're shure that theres nothing else than the language pack files which went to the wrong location).

Next step will be the key ;) Yes, i had troubles with the key, too. SW-Soft sends you the license key in an bash-script. Unfortunately the script points to /usr/local/psa ;)

So you have to edit the PLSK*.sh file (eg. with vi or nano) and replace /usr/local/psa with /opt/psa .

Hope this helped

Back