1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to install german language pack

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Valentin, May 25, 2005.

1. Valentin

Valentin Guest

Today I've installed Plesk Reloaded 7.5.3 on a blank debian 3.1 box - Works great, but there's absolutely no chance to install a language pack.
    The installation fails everytime with the same error:

"Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden" means "File or Directory not found".

The same problem with the Languagefile Manager in plesk - fails with the same error :/

Any Ideas?

2. death

death Guest

hello Valentin

I had the same issues with installing the german Language pack. Somehow the Language pack seems to write some files to the /usr/local/psa directory. But Plesks Debian installation is under /opt/psa.

I managed to get it work by copying the whole stuff from /usr/local/psa to /opt/psa as follows:

cp -rpf /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/locales/de-DE/ /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/locales/

cp -rpf /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/locales/de-DE /opt/psa/admin/plib/locales/

Type "y" if it asks to overwrite the original file.

Now you can re-run the Language-Pack Script and it should go without any error message.
    After all you may want to delete /usr/local/psa by rm -r /usr/local/psa (only do this if you're shure that theres nothing else than the language pack files which went to the wrong location).

Next step will be the key ;) Yes, i had troubles with the key, too. SW-Soft sends you the license key in an bash-script. Unfortunately the script points to /usr/local/psa ;)

So you have to edit the PLSK*.sh file (eg. with vi or nano) and replace /usr/local/psa with /opt/psa .

Hope this helped

3. Valentin

Valentin Guest

Great, works perfect :)

Danke, thx!