• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Unable to login after Plesk (Message SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory)

Achi

New Pleskian
Hello,
I have a "big" issue with Plesk, our website is down right now and unable to login after Plesk login page shows the following error:
<************
Server Error
Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception
SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory
Type Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception
Message SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory
File Abstract.php
Line 144 ************>
(I've tried all plesk support forum's solutions but not working)
Can anyone help me find a solution Plz?
Thanks
500.jpg

Hello Achi,

If you are not able to log in to Plesk. Then It might be due to your server running out of space.

So, log in to your server and check your disk space.

- df -h

If you have corrected the issue with the excess disk space, you can now try to restart MySQL / MariaDB:

- systemctl restart mysql

If your database server restarts without error, check that you can now access Plesk. If this fails, check the below commands for the most common cause after running out of disk space.

- Where MySQL can’t write the transaction log to disk, It can cause corruption within the log itself. It can prevent MySQL from starting cleanly and requires removing the corrupted log to continue.

- To verify this is the issue, you may see the following error when checking the status:

[root@ws1 ~]# systemctl status mysql.service
mysql.service - MariaDB 10.1.31 database server
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d
--migrated-from-my.cnf-settings.conf
Active: failed (Result: exit-code)
June 16 08:01:30 ws1.mywebserver.com mysqld[1521]: 2022-06-16 8:01:30 140626098874624 [Note] Recovering after a crash using tc.log
June 16 08:01:30 ws1.mywebserver.com mysqld[1521]: 2022-06-16 8:01:30 140626098874624 [ERROR] Can't init tc log

For the correction, run the below:
- Access the Server over SSH and move the tc.log of the var/lib/mysql directory.

- [root@ws1 ~] mv /var/lib/mysql/tc.log /root

- After the file has been moved, start MySQL again.

- systemctl start mysql

- You should then see something similar to the following, with the status as Active:

[root@ws1 ~]# systemctl start mysql
mysql.service - MariaDB 10.1.31 database server
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d
--migrated-from-my.cnf-settings.conf
Active: active (running) (Result: exit-code)

- Ensure the issue is resolved, and try logging in to the Plesk again.

Back