• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to remove accounts / domains

P

Protean

Hello,
I have recently killed my hosting services (feels kinda weird after 5 years), and I would like to remove all the accoutns / domains from this machine except my business / personal sites.

I managed to remove all accounts (over 100) but a handful a couple of days ago in one single action from the CP. At this point I was running Reloaded 7.1.5. Just to see what new changes there were, not being really worried about messing up the box since I successfully moved all my clients to a new host, I ran the Updater from the CP to get 7.5.2 ... pretty effortless and pretty fast. Had to run it a couple of times to get all the updates (first time I haven't had any problems upgrading a Plesk box - first time I've used the updater).

Anyhow, everything seems to work fine, except the last few accounts (each with a couple of domains). I can't remove them.
-----------------------------------------------------
Unable to remove domains: Problems occured while removing domains: Unable to remove Tomcat Service: Unable to remove Tomcat service from vhost: tomcatmng: Unable to remove /var/tomcat/psa-users/xxxdomain.com.xml: Success
------------------------------------------------------
That is what I get.

A long time ago I thought I might like to run Tomcat, got it and installed it (this is when it was very first offered). Disabled it shortly after (heard bad things about it, none of my clients would have used it anyway).

I thought I might be able to go into the CP and start the service again, then enable across all domains, then try to delete those accounts. Can't get it running in the CP. I'm sure I am missing something simple here, but I am at a loss.

Any work around for this Tomcat issue? Just want these accounts and their domains off the box.

I suggest you to create empty file /var/tomcat/psa-users/xxxdomain.com.xml

May be this will help.

yup, that's it (the dir was tomcat4 ... misprint on my part).

Back