• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to Remove Domains on plesk 7.5.6

N

Nonserviam

I give this error

Unable to Remove Domains: Problems Occured while removing domains: Unable to turn the domain OFF: domainmng failed: Failed to connect to database: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (Using password: YES)

How can I do ?

Please help me.

it will not solve you issue really..

you must update your admin user in MySQL, ok?! ;)

yeah he is true....right now any user can access any database

Can you tell me what exactly needs to be done?

I am able to add domains and client but not able to delete the client or domain, I wouldn't know why plesk is not able to connect to database while deleting.

Hi, koolnyze

Most probably, there is a problem connecting to the Client`s MySQl instance. And, this must be the password that is lost.
To fix this, you should open the file

%plesk_dir%\databases\mysql\data\my.ini

and add the line
skip_grant_tables=1 in the [PleskSQLServer] section.

Restart MySQL

after that, login to Plesk go to Server-> Databases -> MySQL -> Reset Password

set the new password

Then gp back to my.ini file, remove the line you added and restart MySQL again.

Then, check, if the domains can be deleted. Most probably, this will be working.

Hop, this heps %)

Originally posted by Skeeter
Hi, koolnyze

Most probably, there is a problem connecting to the Client`s MySQl instance. And, this must be the password that is lost.
To fix this, you should open the file

%plesk_dir%\databases\mysql\data\my.ini

and add the line
skip_grant_tables=1 in the [PleskSQLServer] section.

Restart MySQL

after that, login to Plesk go to Server-> Databases -> MySQL -> Reset Password

set the new password

Then gp back to my.ini file, remove the line you added and restart MySQL again.

Then, check, if the domains can be deleted. Most probably, this will be working.

Hop, this heps %)

I never realised that plesk is checking the mysql database while deleting the domain, all the time I was verifying the plesk's own mysql databbase so I was not able to fix it.

I followed the steps mentioned by "Skeeter" but unfortunately it didn't work. Then I downloaded mysql administrator and enabled old passwords under startup variables->Security and reset the password of admin under User Adminstration. Restarted mysql databse and reset the password from the control panel and then it worked fine.

Now, the domain is getting deleted and mysql error is coming.

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.PhDomain.php on line 465

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.PhDomain.php on line 477

Hi, koolnyze

This looks really strange. :confused: Most probably, some records realted to this domain have been corrupted.
To search for the reason of the poblem, you can use MySQL logging to see, which query causes an error.
To make this, go to %plesk_dir%\mysql\data\my.ini
and add this line:
log=my.log
Then restart Plesk MySQL. After that, all the queries will be logged into the file
%plesk_dir%\mysql\data\my.log

But, most probably, to resolve this, you would need SWSoft support to take a look at this.

Hope, you get some use of my post. Good luck!

Back