• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to set certificate name

NothingTV

New Pleskian
Hello,
since a migration to a new host I have some problems with my Plesk Installation concerning SSL certificates.

All TLDs still have the certificates from the migration, but the subdomains don't and if I try to re-install a certificate I become this error from lets encrypt: "Error: Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Install certificate failure: Unable to set certificate name :".

On one Subdomain I can see the certificates from all other subdomain, so they are still there as you can see here: Gyazo - a30c2ddac2d2bf82871008889414bbf5.png but as you can also see here: Gyazo - bf3973a2c779c0da5f947a7065dd924c.png on other subdomains (from the same TLD) I cant choose and create a certificate.

How can I fix this error? On my old Host I never had such problems, I think the Plesk Migrator broked something..

Kind regards,
NothingTV

Hi NothingTV,

it would really help, if you provide MORE informations:

YOUR current operating system?
YOUR current used Plesk version ( incl. #MU ) ?
YOUR current used Plesk - Let's Encrypt version ?

Afterwards, you should be informed about log - locations in generell:

Sometimes, it is as well a good idea to change the log - level ( TEMPORARILY! ), to get more informations in Plesk - log - files:

and finally, you might find it usefull to know the location of specific Let's Encrypt - log - files: => /usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/logs

Now that I am finished with some basics, pls. provide necessary informations and pls. don't forget to add corresponding log - entries from you Let's Encrypt log - file(s), if you experience issues/errors/problems.

Pls. consider as well to check for possible updates/upgrades/patches in the first place, using the commands:

plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components

Thanks for your reply!

OS is: Debian 8.7
Plesk Version: Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update #1
Current Lets Encrypt Version: v2.0.1-24

thanks for the link with the log pathes!

Here is the output of the log file:
[2017-04-02 23:00:12] ERR [panel] Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Install certificate failure: Unable to set certificate name :
[2017-04-02 23:00:29] ERR [panel] Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Install certificate failure: Unable to set certificate name :
[2017-04-02 23:01:37] ERR [panel] Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Install certificate failure: Unable to set certificate name :
[2017-04-02 23:17:58] ERR [panel] Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Install certificate failure: Unable to set certificate name :
[2017-04-02 23:33:22] ERR [panel] Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Install certificate failure: Unable to set certificate name :

I dont have a log folder for lets encrypt ('/usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/logs/' doesnt exists)

plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base
worked - but it was already on the newest version.
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components
didnt worked
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller: unrecognized option '--upgrade-installed-components'

Kind regards

Hi NothingTV,

if you experience issues as
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller: unrecognized option '--upgrade-installed-components'
... and you are sure, that the option string command exists ( you can proof that by listing ALL possible installer - options with "plesk installer --help-options" ), it is likely the case, that you used COPY&PASTE from the forum to the SSH - command line, copying as well formats from the webseite/forum, you copied the suggested command from. ;)

Pls. try to copy the desired suggestions FIRST into a txt - editor and AFTERWARDS, copy the suggested command again from there, to paste it into your command line, to avoid additional ( sometimes unvisible ) formats from a forum or website. If this doesn't help, pls. TYPE the suggested commands, to avoid copy&paste issues completely. :)

Hi NothingTV,

Code:
Datei wird heruntergeladen products.inf3: 0%
Datei wird heruntergeladen products.inf3: 100% fertig.
Informationen zum installierten Lizenzschlüssel werden abgerufen...
Sie besitzen die neueste Produktversion und alle ausgewählten Komponenten sind
bereits installiert. Die Installation wird nicht fortgesetzt.

Translated into english:
Code:
File will be downloaded products.inf3: 0%
File will be downloaded products.inf3: 100% ready.
You own the latest product version and all the selected components are
already installed. The installation does not continue.

;)

Okay that's strange.. The command is exactly the same (checked multiple times) but if I copy the one from your last post it works :eek:

Well its done, but I still getting these errors: "Error: Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Install certificate failure: Unable to set certificate name :"

Hi NothingTV,

additional advice:
Okay that's strange.. The command is exactly the same (checked multiple times) but if I copy the one from your last post it works
Pls. TRY at least to copy the "formatted" suggestion into a TXT - Editor first and copy it again before pasting the suggestion into your command line... you will notice, that it WILL work as expected, just as the copied command ( not formatted! ) in the last CODE - box. ;)

For further steps, pls see for example: => #6

Hi NothingTV,

well... that's a bit sad, but unfortunately, Plesk is not responsible for the LE limitations.
I'm still looking forward to your next tests and steps, so pls. reply as soon that you are able to continue. :)

Thanks again for your help! :)

I think I found the solution of my problem :) I have to rename the existing certificate and re-create it, just tried it and it worked with one subdomain, I have to wait for lets encrypt to check the other too, but it should work :)
It can be so easy..

I got the same problem and error, and found that the subdomain certificate already existed under the main domain.

Mening check if the subdomain cert is under: SSL/TLS certificate off the main domain.

Back