• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to set the certificate: Invalid certificate format.

M

MikkyX

Plesk 7.5.3 on Fedora Core 2 (I know, old box, but it's not ours) - having some trouble installing an SSL certificate.

The domain in question already has an SSL which is about to expire - generated a new CSR via Plesk using the same details that were on the existing certificate. Sent the CSR off to Verisign - few days later, got our certificate back. Copied and pasted it into the relevant box and got this alert and error message showing below the now pink certificate textarea:

"Unable to set the certificate: Invalid certificate format."

Went to the Verisign website to get the intermediate CA Certificate, pasted this in as well - no joy. Google doesn't turn up an awful lot of info about this (one match, also on these forums, problem wasn't solved) so if anyone knows how to fix it, please help - their current certificate expires on Sunday!

Anyone? Help! If I don't get it installed today it's going to expire......

Panic over (possibly) - turns out our original CSR and request were made as if it was an IIS server - oops! - I've had it reissued for Apache and hopefully that will fix it.....

Back