• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to update Debian, Obsidian

TinaBura

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi,

I am unable to update Plesk on my server anymore. It shows:
Product: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.44 Update #3

If I go to Tools & Settings and click on Plesk Update, the link for "Install or Update Product" is inactive (grayed out).
If I go to Tools and Settings I see the Error: The System Updates tool is already installing updates in automatic mode. Please try later.

I have paid Plesk support, but I cannot create a ticket as I am more than 2 versions behind the latest update :(

Please help. Where should I start now?

Thanks!

Hi, thank you!

I have tried to follow the guide, but after I execute 'apt-get update && apt-get upgrade' (step 7) I see this error:

Unable to get packages list: 2023-01-02 16:47:59 INFO: pum is called with arguments: ['--list', '--repo-info', '--json'] 2023-01-02 16:48:00 ERROR: E:The repository 'https://dlm.mariadb.com/repo/maxscale/latest/apt stretch Release' does no longer have a Release file. 2023-01-02 16:48:00 ERROR: Exited with returncode 1.

Thank you a lot! It's a bit chaotic now. I have managed to get this:
Product: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.49 Update #1

The server and Plesk run both. All projects (PHP+MariaDB) are running.

But MariaDB is still 10.2.

I still see the Error: The System Updates tool is already installing updates in automatic mode. Please try later. under Tools and Settings -> System Updates
And my Plesk shows now additional message: Upgrade failed. To remove this notice, remove the file /var/lock/parallels-panel-upgrade-failure.flag from the server. Repair the failed upgrade or installation.

I will try with support tickets from here, as I have obviously the latest Plesk version now.

Your help was very appreciated! Thank you!

Follow-up: All my errors have been resolved by support. There were issues with Plesk Update Manager because the underlying Linux operating system was unable to perform package installations or updates. The Plesk upgrade installation has been successfully repaired.

Back