• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to update hosting preferences

T

toma

Hello,

I have plesk 8.3.0 installed on a dedicated server in Hong-Kong, and I have a problem with an account on Plesk.

Here is the exact error when I try to save the setup page after I changed the FTP account password:

Error: Unable to update hosting preferences: system user update is failed: Unable to create system user: usermng: PAM password change failed: 20, Authentication token manipulation error

Let me describe how I got this. 4 days ago, I had to create a new domain on Plesk. So I started the procedure, and to be sure I had the exact same configuration as our main and first domain on Plesk, I opened a new tab in Firefox to have in parallel the 2 settings. Once I had set everything up for the new domain, I saved.

Then some time after (some minutes), I noticed the script had interverted the 2 login names for the domains, because there were 2 tabs open at the same time surely.
So I removed the newly created domain and realized and deleted the user in the shell.

Doing that, I think I really made things worse... now I can not at all change the FTP password and moreover I have several errors with PHP scripts called by cron jobs.

If anyone can help on this matter, that would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

Back