• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to upgrade to 11.0.9 MU#3

G

GalenH

When running the auto-installer I am given no option to update to the MU#3 version of the Plesk Panel. It simply says:

The following product versions are available:

1. [*] Parallels Plesk Panel
2. (*) Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0.9 (currently installed)

3. [*] Sitebuilder 4.5 and earlier versions (for Plesk 9 and earlier)
4. (*) Sitebuilder 4.5.0 (stable)

5. [*] SSO
6. (*) SSO 2.0 (stable)

N) Go to the next page; P) Go to the previous page; Q) Cancel installing
To select a version, type the respective number;
Select an action [N]: q

When using cat /root/.autoinstaller/microupdates.xml I got told that I am on MU#2:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<patches>
<product id="plesk" version="11.0.9" installed-at="20120622T024703">
<patch version="2" timestamp="" installed-at="20120629T040428" />
</product>
</patches>

Now this is quite frustrating, as this update is supposed to fix the error, where I can't login to the panel. Following error:

Internal error: [unixODBC][MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'apsc'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I suppose you should need neither Sitebuilder 4.5, nor SSO 2.0 with Plesk 11.

That said, you can always install MUs non-interactively via:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

Also throw in --upgrade-installed-components if there are package updates and MUs are not installing.

From the console GUI available MUs are usually shown as 'base' component (in '(*) Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0.9 (currently installed)' release) having updates:
[*] Base packages of Plesk

So, to install MUs via GUI you should basically continuously press Enter and occasionally type 'Y' or 'Yes' :)

Back