• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Unregistered PHP handlers

Edi Duluman

Basic Pleskian
Hello!

So, I've removed the (now deprecated) PHP 5.6 package via the Plesk Updates, all good, updated my (only) service plan and all subsequent subscriptions ( as well as scheduled tasks ) to the new handler, which is PHP 7.3.11

Problem now is, the Diagnose & Repair extension says:

1 service plans with unregistered PHP handlers were found.
Scheduled tasks with unregistered PHP handlers: 13

Note that the service plan is already updated with the PHP 7.3.11 version as well as inside the PHP Settings tab, all 60 domains seem to be using the 7.3.11 FPM application as well.

So far, I've noticed that the scheduled tasks weren't running. I've now updated the Service Plan ( again ) to 7.3.11 to see if it syncs, so it did.

Then I went and manually ran a scheduled task ( which it successfully did this time around ), but, how can I make those errors go away?

Igor, I've already tried but it says 0 errors fixed.

Not sure what the error is about, as tasks seem to be executing just fine after going through all of them and setting PHP 7.3.X as the handler, even if it was already selected anyway.

Also, when trying to run any scheduled task from the list ( not from within a specific job, via the Run Now button ), it returns /bin/sh: 0: Illegal option -
But when running it via Run Now ( from inside the task ), runs successfully. Any clue ?

I have managed to sort it.

Go to Tools & Settings -> Scheduled Tasks, where you will see all scheduled tasks on the server.
I needed to go through each one and then simply click "OK" .. as in applying the new settings ( I guess ).

Now it all sorted, they started running again, no more /bin/sh: 0: Illegal option - when clicking "run now" from the Scheduled Tasks list :)

The only issue I still have now is that it still says one of my service plans has an unregistered php handler.

Thing is ... the only service plan I have is the Unlimited one, which I've already re-synced multiple times ( with the new version of PHP 7.3.12 ).

Any clues on this one?

Last edited:
The only issue I still have now is that it still says one of my service plans has an unregistered php handler.
It is a database inconsistency. Deep investigation inside Plesk database is required for determining some kind of orphaned record for this unregistered PHP handler. Therefore I'd suggest you contact Plesk Support Team if 'plesk repair db' doesn't help.

I migrated many sites from another server and they had a php version no more supported and that can't be installed anymore.
I think they are having this problem, I got this error with the Repair Kit:
Non è stato possibile portare a termine l'operazione per il seguente errore:{"id":1,"cmd":"plesk repair.exe web -php-handlers -n","type":"progress","message":"Checking the usage of PHP handlers","level":0} {"id":2,"cmd":"plesk repair.exe web -php-handlers -n","type":"error","message":"16 service plans with unregistered PHP handlers were found.","level":1} {"id":3,"cmd":"plesk repair.exe web -php-handlers -n","type":"info","message":"The issue could be resolved only in the interactive mode (without -y and -n options).","level":1}
Is there a way to know which are the sites ? and which php versions will be installed in them if I go forward repairing?

Sorry, my question is about Windows Plesk Obsidian

Back