• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Update #53 killed my nginx.conf

BoMbY

New Pleskian
Hi,

just want to let you know: The auto update this night has replaced my modified nginx.conf with the default version ...

Regards,
BoMbY

Edit: Seems like the Plesk auto update upgraded nginx to "1.5.0-1.13060711.centos6" this night? This isn't in the changelog and this isn't MU #53, right? And the config replacement still isn't nice ...

Last edited:
This seems to be a silent update, something after MU #53.

I got an error with the domain template generation, because my nginx.conf was replaced with the default version, but my "custom/domain/nginxDomainVirtualHost.php" depended on that config.

Don't ever use root configuration files if you can place your configuration somewhere like conf.d. In your case try to use /etc/nginx/conf.d. Editing root configuration files in such cases is just begging for trouble, at least unless you deeply understand how package management and update process works.

Using custom templates is also potentially troublesome on major upgrades.

Well, I'm using Plesk for several years now, and this was the first time a config file (other than the Plesk specific config files in the /conf.d/ directories) in /etc/ was hard replaced by an update. But sure, I'll be more careful now, as I now know, I cannot depend on that anymore.

Edit: And btw: The nginx conf.d is only included in the http subcontext, so it's not universal usable in this case, and some changes to the nginx.conf must be done in there. For example if you want to change the number of worker processes.

Last edited:
Back