• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Update failed

Curtis1

Basic Pleskian
Hi
So, its been a while that i have last been on the forums.

We had plesk auto updates turned off. Our current version on our server says 12.0.18 and the last update was June of 2015.
But the "you missed an update" showed that we ONLY missed 1 update, but then the "current version" said that plesk is now on version 17 something.

I originally asked :
What is the current version of Plesk ?
Did we really jump 5 major releases in a little over a year ?

But then found the article describing the Version "13" scare, the version 16 late and the "logic" to jump to version 17. Ok, i am ok with that,. but some type of email about it (i dont remember getting one) would have been nice.

So, I guess ONYX is the new orange ? (joke) The new version.

Well,
I turn on the auto update feature, and tried to update, and it failed. said :
Execution failed.
Command: ai.exe
Arguments: Array
(
[0] => --select-product-id
[1] => panel
[2] => --select-release-current
[3] => --upgrade-installed-components
)
Details: BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.​

NOW Our plesk reads :

Plesk version 12.0.18 Update #51, last updated at June 21, 2015 11:48 PM
The system is up-to-date; last checked at Nov 29, 2016 05:00 AM

But it is still version 12.0.18

and no matter how many times i try to get to :
https://OurIPAddress:8443/admin/update/product/
I get :
The connection has timed out

So, What gives ?

Do i have to manually force an update now ? reset something in the plesk database ?
Is it even recommended to upgrade to onyx yet can i stop it at the last 12.xxx version somehow ?

Last edited:
You seem to confuse 2 things.

Updates (which can be automatic) are only within a major Plesk version. So updates will only get you to the latest MU of version 12.0

Upgrades (to a newer version of Plesk like 12.5 or now Onyx) are always started manually. Usually by going to Tools & Settings, Updates and Upgrades, or via the CLI.

In your case you should *update* to the latest version of 12.0, then start an upgrade to Onyx.

Cheers,
Tom

usually indicates that port 8447 is blocked/firewalled. Had the same scenario on one of our servers. Add a new rule in Plesks firewall to allow TCP taffic on port 8447 and you should be good to go.

Cheers,
Tom
YEPPERS ! That was it ! Sort of.
8447 was set up in Plesk, but the external firewall we are using only had 8443. I added 8447 and the product update link fired right up.
THANKS !

Back