• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Update fails on Windows 2008 R2 Web Edition

sweethome-il

New Pleskian
hello,

Yesterday I've tried updating one of the Win 2008 machines with Plesk's latest update and got:

Error: can't apply patch panel-11.0.9~patch40
Unable to set the object (C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\.aiupd_2821\defpackagemng.exe.old) owner: (5) Access is denied.
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.
Please try installing packages again later.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

I've also have issues on other machine, had to manually kill all php-cgi processes in Task Manager for the update to complete but on this machine it's a different story.

Hope one day we'll get access to support for bug fixes faster and cheaper (75$ for a most likely bug overview, which never gets returned, is a ripoff in my opinion).

thanks,
Justin

so many issues with plesk lately... I think I've deleted the file manually.
there is p41 released, takes care of a similar issue.

Back