• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Update to Plesk 8.2?

M

mog73uk

Before I ask this question let me explain that I am by no means technical and don't really know much about dedicated servers or Plesk. I had to purchase a dedicated root server because my ecommerce website has a SQL database that is over 100MB and my hosting company told me that I needed to change from my shared hosting account to a dedicated root server. So without any knowledge of servers or plesk I have somehow managed to set up my root server and install my website and so far everything is running smoothly. But that brings me to my question... I want to keep things running smoothly. Am I expected to update my server software? My server was set up a few months ago with Plesk 8.1. I see now I have the option to re-image my server to Plesk 8.2. Should I do this or not? In order to keep things running smoothly is it best to leave things as they are or keep up to date with the latest versions of Plesk? Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Go for the upgrade. Don't go to 8.3 because it may have some bugs .. let others experience the buggy problems let them have to deal with the hard questions .. especially if you are not an expert.

Its easier to lookup the forums for an answer then put a question in the forum for the first time and wait for it while your clients are breathing into your neck:p

Back