• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Updater Problems

M

macroman

I currently have two VPS servers with different service providers and I'm trying to get them both reasonably close to the same version number.

Needless to say, I'm having great fun with one of them.

It was at Plesk version 7.5.4 and my plan was to update it a version at a time, so I ran the updater and brought it to version 8.0.0 which seems to have worked fine. Plan then was to go to version 8.0.1 and that's where things are going a bit funny.

When I run the updater, I get an email with the following message:

ERROR: Impossible do installation while package psa-bu-7.5.4-fc2.build75060321.20.i586 is installed in system

So I tried to run the updater from the command line... same result.

I then figured that I'd just uninstall the psa-bu-7.5.4 RPM and go again but I got to thinking...

Does anybody have any idea if it is safe to just uninstall the psa-bu package using rpm? It appears to be a backup utility but I don't want to just uninstall it in case there are any knock-on effects.

Thanks a mil guys,

Mac

I met a similar case during upgrade of Plesk 7.5.3 --> 8.0.0 on Fedora Core 2 but with another package:
Reading system installed packages...done.
Download file plesk-8.0.0-fc2-i386.hdr.gz: 100% done
Download file plesk-8.0.0-fc2-i386.hdr.gz: 100% done
Resolve components
ERROR: Impossible do installation while package
spamass-milter-0.3.0-3.1.swsoft.i386 is installed in system
ERROR: Installation failed

It turned out that package was obsolete, so it had to be deleted to proceed with an upgrade.

Most likely psa-bu package is obsolete too: at least, it seems missing in 8.0.1:
http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_8....i386/psa-8.0.1-fc2.build80061203.19.i686.html

In any case, you can always download and install needed package from http://autoinstall.plesk.com/

Thanks a mil, I'll uninstall it and try the update again.

m@c

Back