• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Updates and websites will stay online?!

Sofie76

New Pleskian
Hello,

at the moment we run 3 Plesk Server with Version 12.5.30. In a few month we will migrate to Onyx.

We install updates only by hand. Our latest update was 69.

In order to install this important security update:

PFSI-61276 security fix

we have to update from 69 to 79

Change Log for Plesk

I am a bit scared, that during the update process the websites are offline or after the update process a few errors come up.

Is it safe to update and will the websites stay online for sure?

Thank you very much
best regards

I'd inspect the updates from #69 to #79 and see what each does, then you can anticipate whether any of the user facing services will be stopped or not, and how long could the restart take.

As for the possible errors, that's almost impossible to know, unless other users reported them previously. That being said, since this is an old Plesk version, lack of user reports might be misleading due to low user count.

You could run this update on a test server first, if uptime is of the utmost importance.

Also, while you didn't ask for advice, I should mention that performing updates regularly would ease the burden of preparation. It is much easier to prepare for a single update than for a 10 or more at once. Also, since Plesk 12.5 isn't getting all the updates anymore, I'd advise against lingering so far behind, if at all possible. Plesk 17.8. is really the version to be on right now, even 17.5 is getting a bit old.

Back