• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

"Updating or adding new components"

O

outlastmedia

When I go to SERVER > UPDATER via Plesk, it shows the yellow-orange update icon and "Updating or adding new components" as if there was an update in progress.

It's been showing this for months now but there is definitely no updates in progress. I've search the forums for some fixes but nothing has worked so far.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this, I'm no expert on this stuff but I do know enough to make the proper adjustments if I need to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the exact same issue, with Plesk 9.0.0 and now with 9.0.1. Anyone fixed this? It's just annoying, not that much of a problem, but it would be nice to get fixed...

I've had the same problem with 9.0.1 and 9.2.1. This seems to be a bug with the web updater. If you run it from cli, then it shows fine from the web interface.

(on a RHEL system)
[root@host ~]# setenforce 0
[root@host ~]# wget ftp://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.6/RedHatEL4/parallels_installer_xxx <...get latest...>
[root@host ~]# chmod +x parallels_installer_xxx
[root@host ~]# ./parallels_installer_xxx --select-product-id plesk --select-release-latest --upgrade-installed-components
[root@host ~]# setenforce 1

Check with autoinstaller if any upgrades are available, most likely it will show that qmail package can be upgraded:

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-latest --show-components 2>&1 | grep upgrade
qmail [upgrade] - Qmail mailserver

For some reason qmail updates are not displayed in updater in Plesk Panel.
You can update the qmail packages with the autoinstaller:

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-latest --install-component qmail

Back