• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Updating Plesk Onyx to Obsidian stucked in the middle error on repos.

mateos1994

New Pleskian
I was updating my plesk onyx to obsidian yesterday and the update stucked in the middle, now i cant use plesk administration after login it shows this
1615540942097.png

This are the logs :
To address this issue please refer to the below wiki article

If above article doesn't help to resolve this issue please use My View - CentOS Bug Tracker.

Failed to install mod_passenger@x86_64:
Error while downloading packages metainfo: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: base. Please verify its path and try again. Trying again.
http://centos.mirrors.ovh.net/ftp.centos.org/6/os/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found"
Trying other mirror.
Error while downloading packages metainfo: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: base. Please verify its path and try again. Trying a gain.
http://centos.mirrors.ovh.net/ftp.centos.org/6/os/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found"
Trying other mirror.
Number of retries is exceeded.
RepoError: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: base. Please verify its path and try again

ERROR: The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please contact product technical support.
exit status 1

Unfortunately for the umpteenth time, I see this problem among OVH users. The problem has been discussed on this forum many times and is related to the OVH repository mirror. To solve the problem, you need to switch to the official Plesk repository.
Search the forum for a solution.

Unfortunately for the umpteenth time, I see this problem among OVH users. The problem has been discussed on this forum many times and is related to the OVH repository mirror. To solve the problem, you need to switch to the official Plesk repository.
Search the forum for a solution.
Hi @IgorG i have checked the other tickets on forums and i have changed .autoinstallerrc source to plesk repository, but this error shows anyway.
What might be the problem ? Or could you suggest me which solution should i follow.
Thanks

As you can see errors comes from OVH mirrors and not related to Plesk. Try to ask OVH support.

I have solved the problem.

To fix the issue with Plesk not updating on an OVH VPS:
  • select the VPS you wish to update via the menu Bare Metal Cloud > Virtual Private Servers
  • select 'Reinstall My VPS'
  • choose the newest version of 'Plesk on CentOS' available (I chose Plesk on CentOS7)
1618912116850.png

After a while (30 minutes in my case) OVH emailed me new login information for the new Plesk install.

CAUTION: you will need to reconfigure all webspaces on Plesk as ALL YOU FILES, DATABASES AND PLESK SETTINGS WILL BE LOST. Ensure you backup all websites somewhere else so you can reinstall them after your update.

Last edited:
OVH has blocked the updating of Plesk 17.5 & CentOS 6 using the Plesk update installer (who knows why) so we have little choice. Other than moving to another host (which I am considering), but that would involve a lot of work too.

You generally don't upgrade entire OS releases. You migrate to a fresh install. Not sure why OVH would block that. I'm guessing Plesk might block your upgrade since you're on an EOL OS.

Back