1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

updating spamsassassin

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by del_mar, Oct 16, 2005.

1. del_mar

del_mar Guest

Hello everyone

Is there a way to use plesk 7.5 update RPMs to update plesk 7.0.2 spamassassin?

I still have a pretty old version from 2004 - and the only update I can seem to find for plesk 7 is again a 2004 version.

what if I used the updates from spamassassin's own site at http://spamassassin.apache.org/downloads.cgi?update=200509141634

will this break integration with the c/p?

thanks in advance

2. exothermic

exothermic Guest

You will want to stick with the SA given by the release or with ones provided by ART. Just installing random rpms with either break plesk or just fail. I would upgrade to 7.5, and then run ARTs system on top of that.

3. poke

poke Guest

4. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

Poke - but does 4PSA still have 7.0.2 versions of SpamGuardian which uses SA 3.x? I thought they still had SA 2.x in the version for Plesk 7.0.x (I am probably wrong, been a while since that version) :)

Not sure if it was clear in his post, but he is using Plesk 7.0.2, not 7.5.x (he has posted in multiple forums)

5. poke

poke Guest

Hey James,
    No they have plesk 7/ plesk 7.x available on their download page.... not below 7 though.