• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade 7.6.1 to 8.6 has broken panel login

C

colinjack

I have just upgraded my 7.6.1 to 8.6.0.5 and initially had the problem reported eslewhere with upgrades to 8.2 (undefined offset ... locales.php3). As suggested I downloaded and ran upgrade_locales.exe and now when I try and login into the panel I get:

ERROR: PleskMainDBException
DB query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: PleskMainDBException
DB query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

0: plib\common_func.php3:243
db_query(string 'SELECT control, state FROM itmpl_data WHERE page='/login_up.php3' AND itmpl_id=')
1: plib\visibility.php:244
getVisibilityCustomizations(string '/login_up.php3')
2: plib\visibility.php:489
getVisibility(string 'login', boolean true, NULL null)
3: plib\visibility.php:498
isControlVisible(string 'login', boolean true)
4: plib\elements.php3:566
fetch_hideable_button(array)
5: plib\elements.php3:449
comm_button(string 'login', string '', string 'return login_oC(document.forms[0], document.forms[1])', boolean true, integer '3')
6: plib\LoginForm.php:93
LoginForm->assign()
7: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\login_up.php3:155

Any advice gratefully (very) received!!

Colin

Okay - found this thread (same issues):

"upgrade to 8.6 - PleskMainDBException - error in your SQL syntax"

I have followed the instructions to make changes to the database and can now get to the panel but everything I try seems to be broken:

e.g. Database Servers link brings up

DB query failed: Table 'psa.databaseservers' doesn't exist
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: plib\common_func.php3:243
db_query(string 'select `id`, `host`, `port`, `type`, `last_error`, `server_version` from DatabaseServers')
1: plib\DatabaseServerManager.php:158
DatabaseServerManager->fetchServers()
2: plib\DatabaseServerList.php:54
DatabaseServerList->fetchDatabaseServerList()
3: plib\class.cList.php3:96
cList->fetchList()
4: plib\class.cList.php3:115
cList->init()
5: plib\DatabaseServersForm.php:25
DatabaseServersForm->assign(string '')
6: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\server\db_servers.php:100

Do I have to go through an create a whole bunch of new tables by hand or is there a 'repair' script?

I really could do with some help on this - I am not a datase guru!

may i know how did you migrate the websites? Using backup/restore or Plesk Migration Manager?

Back