• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade from 11.x to 11.5 then MySQL not work properly

AtakanK

New Pleskian
Hello,

First of all,
I'm upgraded my Plesk panel 11.X to 11.5.29 then plesk is running normally but webmail (Atmail, Horde...) like mySql web programs cannot reach mySql. When i execute [C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MySQL51\bin>mysqld datadir="C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MySQL\Data"] horde start working but this time any user cannot delete their mails from webmail interface... Atmail cannot login, always gives "user/pass wrong" error.

I tryed to create a service with [sc create MySQL51 start= auto DisplayName= "MySQL 5.1 Service for Plesk (by Atakan)" binPath= "\"C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MySQL51\bin\mysqld.exe\" --datadir=\"C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MySQL\Data\" --defaults-file=\"C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MySQL\Data\my.ini\""] command but its not working and getting errors. [mysqld --install] same.

Also there is no mySql at Database Servers list... (not in "Subscriptions->Domain.com->Databases->Add New Database" too)

Second,
My [Local MS SQL server (default for MS SQL)] says "Last connect attempt failed"

Need help, emergency... Thank you.

[I cannot add screenshots for this problems]

Any advice?

This should be successful upgrade... but as you see, its not. I didnt get any error while upgrade.

Unfortunately, there is no real solution.
...and also no response from plesk team?!

I will try to upgrade v11.5.30

Last edited:
My last upgraded version was 11.5.29, today i used autoinstaller (ai.exe --console) and now version is 11.5.30

At start i saw not upgraded plesk core components, ugrade process was failing [isapi_redirect.dll in use error] then i stopped plesk and IIS and used "ai.exe --console" now its successfully upgraded to 11.5.30

Now cannot look at MySQL problem, because panel login page not working it says "500 - Internal server error"

Plesk Pool is working... Ping Enabled... Plesk Reconfigurator; all is ok... All hosted sites working, just plesk panel not work.

5.png

Here is my upgrade history;

upgrade_date version_info db_version
2013-03-03 12:12:31 9.5.5
2013-03-03 12:16:57 11.0.9
2013-06-18 00:35:24 11.5.29
2013-06-26 18:30:44 11.5.30

6.png

Hello AtakanK.

Do not know if you managed to solve the problem.

I already solved it.

Parallels team solved the problem. This is what they told me, it might help you a little.

Hello Alan,

I am glad to inform you That the issue has been resolved.

Initially, MySQL was deleted from the server on the server since Plesk Panel was not upgraded properly.

In order to resolve the issue, I have successfully upgraded the Plesk Panel. Then, reinstalled the MySQL server manually from the autoinstaller.

Now, I could see That MySQL service is listed in services.

Before you do this I recommend you make a copy of the data folder where are your databases.

When MySQL removed, restarted the server, after that, installed the MySQL manually.

Hope that helps, I show you a website with MySQL, greetings.

http://blog.perulatinohosting.com

Thank you Alangonzales, now my primary problem is "500 - Internal Error" If i can solve this one, will try your way for MySQL...

Thank you again for information. I glad to hear it solved.

When i try to remove MySQL (with Autoinstaller) getting this error;

8.png

(from autoinstaller3.log)

9.png

Last edited:
I think that it would be better and effective to contact Support Team for fixing this problem with MySQL.

I tryed but support page says windows 2008 / plesk 11.5 not compatible... So im stuck, cannot remove MySQL also getting Internal Error 500, hostings working but cannot reach panel.

How can i reinstall plesk without losing my datas? (autoinstaller?) I have full backups but fear of interruption on my hosting services.

Back