• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade from 6.0 to 7.5

M

mgalloway

Hi,

I am upgrading my Plesk server from 6.0 to 7.5 AND upgrading from RH9 to RHES3. Will the PSABACKUP and RESTORE work from 6.0 to 7.5?

What is the best procedure for this migration. Keep in mind that I am doing this on the same server so I will not be able to do an online migration. I will be copying the backup data to another PC, then restoring after the RH and Plesk upgrade.

Thanks...

Ok, let me ask this a different way.

I know to upgrade, I need to upgrade the current server from 6 to 7, then do a psadump to preserve the psa envorinment. Assuming that goes well, what is the path forward and which version is reccommended.

I am on RH9 now, the new OS will be RH ES3.
Should I upgrade to 7.5?

Will a fresh Plesk 7.5 install in ES3 read a 7.0 psadump on RH9?

Thanks

Here's what you need to do. Upgrade Plesk to 7.1.x, do a backup and then upgrade to 7.5.3. Do a full dump. Then do a clean OS install, a clean Plesk 7.5.3 install and then do your psa restore.

Excellent,

I just got 2 temp license keys from Plesk (thanks Antoine) to do just that, one for 7.0-7.1 and one for 7.5.

Anyone have any issues with a PSADUMP from RH9, then restoring to RH ES3 on version 7.5*?

Thanks

Problems might occur with psadump/psarestore. The restore might not be 100% perfect, so be prepared for a manual intervention on the server where you restore the dump.

Back