• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade to 7.5 has killed our system!

C

caladan

Yesterday we upgraded to 7.5 and ever since the upgrade finished our server is unusable :(

It seems that there are multiple "qmail-smtpd" processes running that are eating up all available CPU, even if we stop qmail service these "qmail-smtpd" services still keep popping up - even if only 3 or 4 are running, they grab ALL available CPU - we've had up to 30 of them running and they just share all the available CPU betweene them, effectively killing the server.

If anyone has any advice please let me know - this is a production server and our customers are rather unhappy!

Cheers,
Chris

hi,

update to 7.5.1 through the control panel. We got the same issues, theyre now fixed. Load now normal at 0.5!

Good luck

Also, you should alwayes install latest version on test server, and after few days of normal work do the install on the production server.

Good luck.

Originally posted by RexAdmin
Also, you should alwayes install latest version on test server, and after few days of normal work do the install on the production server.

Good luck.

While I agree with this statement, I don't think that we're paying up to $800 for a piece of software that destroys a production environment to begin with.

As a matter of interest we did run the upgrade on a test server first, but the problem didn't occur until we upgraded the production server and in a live environment, when real emails were coming in we spotted the problem :(

Anyway, upgrading again to 7.5.1 cured the problem, so thanks for the pointer!

Regards,
Chris

Back