1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrade to 7.5 has killed our system!

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by caladan, Dec 16, 2004.

  1. caladan

    caladan Guest

    0
     
    Yesterday we upgraded to 7.5 and ever since the upgrade finished our server is unusable :(

    It seems that there are multiple "qmail-smtpd" processes running that are eating up all available CPU, even if we stop qmail service these "qmail-smtpd" services still keep popping up - even if only 3 or 4 are running, they grab ALL available CPU - we've had up to 30 of them running and they just share all the available CPU betweene them, effectively killing the server.

    If anyone has any advice please let me know - this is a production server and our customers are rather unhappy!

    Cheers,
    Chris
     
  2. ottob

    ottob Guest

    0
     
    hi,

    update to 7.5.1 through the control panel. We got the same issues, theyre now fixed. Load now normal at 0.5!

    Good luck
     
  3. RexAdmin

    RexAdmin Guest

    0
     
    Also, you should alwayes install latest version on test server, and after few days of normal work do the install on the production server.

    Good luck.
     
  4. TutanGeek

    TutanGeek Guest

    0
     
    While I agree with this statement, I don't think that we're paying up to $800 for a piece of software that destroys a production environment to begin with.
     
  5. caladan

    caladan Guest

    0
     
    As a matter of interest we did run the upgrade on a test server first, but the problem didn't occur until we upgraded the production server and in a live environment, when real emails were coming in we spotted the problem :(

    Anyway, upgrading again to 7.5.1 cured the problem, so thanks for the pointer!

    Regards,
    Chris
     
Loading...