• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade to PHP 4.4.2

A

airhitam

Hi all, I have Plesk 7.5.6 with PHP 4.3.11.
Is it safe upgrade to PHP 4.4.2?

Read from the forum, I know I need to keep the php.ini and install the new version in the same location. Is anything else I need to know before upgrade?

Thanks

It's safe. Yyou need just download zipped package and replace current PHP files.

Upgrade completed. But...

The webmail (Horde) having problem. At the top left hand side a error show about notificatioin.php.

I read from the forum, found we may need to turn off notices, but I have no idea how to turn off. Please give suggestion.

Thanks

Result:

The webmail not fully working, after login top left hand side a error show .

The IIS become slow... Look like PHP ISAPI problem. Need to reset all the account to cgi mode. After all domains switch to cgi mode, the IIS still slow.. all domain is slow responce.

:( :( :(

Horde does not work on PHP4.4 and 5
You need to use two PHP on your server. To do it you just need to register web server extensions in IIS that will point to both PHP and use old PHP for Horde(webmail(default) web site).

Originally posted by Gris
Horde does not work on PHP4.4 and 5
You need to use two PHP on your server. To do it you just need to register web server extensions in IIS that will point to both PHP and use old PHP for Horde(webmail(default) web site).

Thanks.
How about IIS slow down problem? Any suggestion?

About webmail:
try
websrvmng --unistall
websrvmng --install
defpackagemng.exe --fix --type=webmail

John S.G.

If you're upgrading to try and resolve security exploits and bugs, doesn't it defeat the purpose to run both?

I'm afraid plesk handles 4.4.1 but not 4.4.2

Plesk uses something in php_imap.dll and does not recognise it. even if you fix it with replacing the new with old, some of applications in php will not work and throw cgi error....

do NOT upgrade to 4.4.2 :( Plesk needs to release a patch for it

Back