• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

upgrade to sitebuilder 3.1 problem

C

c001web

Hello,
I've already upgraded plesk 7.5.6 for windows to plesk 7.6.1, no much pain. the problem appears when i start to upgrade to sitebuilder 3.1 from 2.0.x.

when i install it from add/remove plesk entry, i got error message "1:Cannot connect to the server. Please check your connection settings and verify that SQL server is in the correct state"

and from event viewer "2:Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A script required for this installation to complete could not be run. Custom action CheckDB script error,
MS OLE DB provider for sql server:login failed for user 'sa' line 931, column 2"

My MS SQL 2000 server is running fine.

So, what the reason is here?
platform: windows 2003 server

any hint or help, very appreciated!!;)

hi, it looks really wired, doesn't it?
i did some study about this problem for couple of hours, i guess it is 'sa' password problem, ms sql 'sa' password was random set when psa was intalled, the i changed it from outside (sql manager), cause i got no ms sql server integrated with psa, so i can not change it from psa console, the problem manybe here, when psa doing sitebuilder upgrade, it will use that random given 'sa' password (i forgot it already) to connect database, so it just can not login!

but how can i change this situation? let psa reset its saved password?

any comments are welcomed!

Back