• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgraded and now PSA service will no longer start

how much ram u have? an how much is in use?
I have 2gb ram and 300mb are used. plesk used 512mb ram up to 768mb than must be 2gb more than enough

Mines the same, around 300mb of ram used out of 2gb. Wasn't watching htop when running Plesk Autoupdate so don't know what the resources were like.

I believe the Plesk update uses more resources than the VPS can handle and essentially crashes the server mid-update, which in turn causes all kinds of backlash.

Mines the same, around 300mb of ram used out of 2gb. Wasn't watching htop when running Plesk Autoupdate so don't know what the resources were like.

I believe the Plesk update uses more resources than the VPS can handle and essentially crashes the server mid-update, which in turn causes all kinds of backlash.

ok, I've got it. comment out that line: zend_extension = "/usr/lib64/php/modules/sw-engine/opcache.so"
;zend_extension = "/usr/lib64/php/modules/sw-engine/opcache.so"
and
set opcache.enabled = 0

or set
opcache.memory_consumption=64
works 4 me too :)

Last edited:
Thanks it works for my 1und1 VServer

ok, I've got it. comment out that line: zend_extension = "/usr/lib64/php/modules/sw-engine/opcache.so"
and
set opcache.enabled = 0

or set

and
set opcache.enabled = 0

or set

Actually, just setting

is enough.
opcache seems to get used by startup even if

opcache.enabled=0

And this IS a 1&1 problem obviously. Having the same issues after upgrading to v12.
Seems like 1&1 needs to allow more resources for their virtual servers!

Just replying to confirm that setting opcache.memory_consumption=64 worked for me as well on a 1&1 VPS. Thanks guys!!

Hi all,

I just updated my 1and1 VPS server to Pleask 12 and hit the same problem (PSA service not restarting, error 502, etc)...so at least 1and1 haven't 'fixed' the error, or made customers aware before updating.

Thank God this thread exists! The opcache.memory_comsumption=64 setting seemed to free up some memory so the PSA could auto restart on the next reboot.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

cheers,
Matt

Just a simple beginner question in this context... i never used plesk command line tool before the upgrade failed. so how do i close and save my changes in the tool (plesk conf php.ini) ?

Back