• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

upgraded, spam not being flagged

C

castles

I upgraded to 8.6 today but it doesn't look like spamassasain is working properly. I keep getting emails like this

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at [domain].com.au.
I tried to deliver a bounce message to this address, but the bounce bounced!

<igaatiot@>:
Sorry, I couldn't find any host named . (#5.1.2)

--- Below this line is the original bounce.

Return-Path: <>
Received: (qmail 20411 invoked for bounce); 31 Jul 2008 23:10:02 +1000
Date: 31 Jul 2008 23:10:02 +1000
To: igaatiot@
Subject: failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at [domain].com.au.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<@[domain].com.au>:

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Return-Path: <igaatiot@>
Received: (qmail 20406 invoked from network); 31 Jul 2008 23:10:02 +1000
Received: from kssl-4d08425e.pool.mediaways.net (77.8.66.94)
by [domain].com.au with SMTP; 31 Jul 2008 23:10:02 +1000
Received-SPF: none ([domain].com.au: domain at does not designate permitted sender hosts)
To: [dmail]@[domain].com.au
Subject: Stop being a loser
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; delsp=yes; charset=ISO-8859-1
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:08:36 +0200
Message-ID: <fi.jmyekkwqwxzeph@er-d37a18abf921>
User-Agent: Opera Mail/9.50 (Win32)

I triumphed over him because she is able to see the big bulge in my pants.
http://www.ballhail.com/

--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/[/QUOTE]

in my admin account. I seem to be getting them every 2 minutes. Is there something I can do to ignore these garbage emails or block them entirely?

Thanks,

Marc

me too, our customers are getting more than 50.000 spam-mails in a hour!

Spam-Assasin is not working properly after upgrading to 8.6.0 (/8.4.1)

Me three

I am seeing these error messages in the log file:

bayes: cannot open bayes databases /var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/mailuser/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/W: tie failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device

I have searched this forum, and one common solution presented is that the files are owned by root:root, and the ownership needs to be changed to popuser:popuser, however, this is not the case on our server:

ls -laF /var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/mailuser/.spamassassin/bayes_*

-rw-r----- 1 popuser popuser 65536 Oct 11 2006 /var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/mailuser/.spamassassin/bayes_seen
-rw-r----- 1 popuser popuser 65536 Oct 11 2006 /var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/mailuser/.spamassassin/bayes_toks

file /var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/mailuser/.spamassassin/bayes_*

/var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/mailuser/.spamassassin/bayes_seen: Berkeley DB 1.85 (Hash, version 2, native byte-order)
/var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/mailuser/.spamassassin/bayes_toks: Berkeley DB 1.85 (Hash, version 2, native byte-order)

Does anybody know what is wrong here? The permission string (-rw-r-----), ownership, and file type are the same as other bayes_* files, but in some cases I get a successful message "bayes: synced databases from journal ...", while in other cases I get the error message above.

Thanks.

I had a play around with plesk, and after turning spam assassin off and then on again it seems to be working.. however I'm still getting one of these bounce messages every hour or so.

I received another issue on friday... I've turned on Domain Key signing for one domain to test it and I had an email bouce back at me with this message..
550 Message does not pass DomainKeys requirements for domain [domain].com.au (in reply to end of DATA command)

Is this something to do with the setup of my server or my isp?

Thanks

I found this Knowledge Base article that should fix my issues... http://kb.odin.com/en/1376

I double checked the domains that are bouncing and all the domain mail settings are set to reject. I did a group operation to set them to reject just incase there was something amiss. This didn't work. I'm still getting lots of bounces every half hour.

Back