• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrading Apache on Ubuntu 10.04

qnet

Basic Pleskian
I need to upgrade Apache on Ubuntu 10.04 running Plesk 10.4.4 #16.

When I ran "apt-get install apache2", it printed some stuff out that gave me pause.
The area of concern is the list of packages that are going to be "REMOVED". It lists a whole bunch
of "psa" stuff, which looks like is needed for the system to continue functioning.

Any idea how to upgrade Apache with "apt-get" without having it do a bunch of bad stuff, or am
I misinterpreting the following output:

# apt-get install apache2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
libdevel-symdump-perl psa-awstats-configurator libtokyocabinet8 xsltproc bind9 sharutils log4cpp-plesk plesk-mail-pc-driver
psa-pear libfile-copy-recursive-perl php5-xsl ttf-dejavu-core bind9utils libnet-xwhois-perl update-inetd
pp-sitebuilder-default-templates awstats postfix-pcre php5-sqlite xinetd libsqlite0 php5-gd libapache2-reload-perl psa-spf2
psa-courier-imap php5-curl libt1-5 psa-mail-driver-common psa-ftputil libbsd-resource-perl idn fontconfig-config
libapache2-mod-python libmyodbc php5-ioncube-loader libxpm4 psa-locale-base-en-us libapache2-mod-perl2 webalizer libgd2-xpm
php5-imap libperl5.10 libdb4.7 bsd-mailx psa-logrotate libsasl2-modules-sqlite3 libfontconfig1 php5-mysql php5-cli sqlite3
pp-sitebuilder-skins sw-libmilter psa-proftpd sw-libsqlite3-0 python-libxml2 sw-doctrine
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
The following extra packages will be installed:
apache2-mpm-worker apache2.2-bin apache2.2-common
Suggested packages:
apache2-doc apache2-suexec apache2-suexec-custom
The following packages will be REMOVED:
apache2-mpm-prefork libapache2-mod-php5 plesk-core plesk-l10n pp-sitebuilder psa psa-atmail psa-backup-manager psa-firewall
psa-horde psa-imp psa-ingo psa-kronolith psa-libxml-proxy psa-migration-agents psa-migration-manager psa-mimp psa-mnemo
psa-passwd psa-php5-configurator psa-turba psa-updates psa-vhost psa-vpn sshterm
The following NEW packages will be installed:
apache2-mpm-worker
The following packages will be upgraded:
apache2 apache2.2-bin apache2.2-common
3 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 25 to remove and 59 not upgraded.
Need to get 3,033kB of archives.
After this operation, 493MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.

Hello.
I also would be interested in any thoughts or comments about Ubuntu 10.04 lts, and upgrading apache.
Has anyone successfully upgraded apache?

Thanks.

Back