• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Upgrading subdomains when installing Microupdates => Error

King555

Regular Pleskian
Whenever I install a new Microupdate, I get a lot of error messages like the one in the attached image.

One part of the error message is German, it says "A domain with the name www.subdomain.domain.tld already exists."

I have to say, that I created an additional subdomain with www-prefix (for example subdomain.domain.tld => www.subdomain.domain.tld) for every subdomain on the server and placed a htaccess-file in the httpdocs-folder, which redirects to the subdomain without www.

I created these with Plesk 9.x, now I use Plesk 10.4.4 MU12.

What can I do?

Attachments

• plesk upgrade error.gif
    plesk upgrade error.gif
    9.8 KB · Views: 10
Has anyone a solution for this?

EDIT: I think the problem is another one.

I cannot see my subdomains without "www" anymore! I only see the www-subdomains now. But the original subdomains still work.

When I want to edit the www-subdomain (remove www), Plesk tells me the subdomain already exists (of course it does, but it is invisible).

What can I do? It seems that the upgrade to version 10 produced some chaos.

Last edited:
Me again, sorry for pushing the thread, but my question/problem has changed.

Now I removed the www.subdomain from one of my domains via Plesk and deleted the complete directories (the subdomain and the www.subdomain) via SSH.

Then I wanted to create the subdomain again. But Plesk tells me, that subdomain already exists. There is an entry in the psa database (table "subdomains"). But I don't think that deleting this entry will help, because there has to be another setting for the apache server.

If I open subdomain.mydomain.tld in my browser there comes a "forbidden" message (because there is no content now), but if I open anything.mydomain.tld I am redirected to my main domain. So the subdomain is still active deep in the apache configuration.

How can I safely fix this problem? I don't want to mix up my whole configuration.

Thanks for any answers!

EDIT: Now I found a solution!

I deleted the entry in the Plesk database ("psa", table "subdomains") and then I saved the domain settings again. Then the subdomain was deleted in the Apache configuration and now I can recreate the subdomain.

Last edited:
Back