• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

upgrading to open ssh 4.7

J

jomo

The most recent upgrade still works with open ssh 3.9.x which I am told has some security holes.

will plesk work with the most recent version ? openSSH 4.7 does anyone know .. has anyone upgraded ?

You might want to learn a thing or two about the Linux distribution you're running. Most distributions don't do (major) version upgrades during the lifecycle of a distribution release, but backport security fixes.

Most of the time you just need to make sure you stay up to date with your distribution's updates and make sure the distribution version you're running is still supported. Yes, you might still run OpenSSH 3.9, but as long as it has the backported fixes it is perfectly safe to do this.

Of course you could need some feature only available in newer releases of some software package. If that's the case you'll probably have to compile it yourself or check if a newer version of your Linux distribution has this.

So: what distribution are you running?

we are running centos 4.5

everything, the kernel, proFTP, openSSH seems to be more or ess 3 years out of date. He said the kernel was of serious concern (2.69) because it has well known security holes...

ah, but we're not see... I am working with a service that provides us with a server with Plesk installed, and the technician doesn't seem to want to update the system beyond that which happens with the plesk 8.2.1 update...

so it doesn't seem all that Yummy to me...

Back