• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrading to Plesk 11.5 with hMailserver - and it's gone?!

MaximilianW

New Pleskian
Hey folks,

Until yesterday I used Win 2008R2 and Plesk 11.0.x and I thought it would be a good idea to upgrade to Plesk 11.5.x. Autoinstaller did a fine job, everything works smoothly.

Well, not everything as Plesk 11.5 does not support hMailserver any more, which I used as mailserver.

I do not really understand why it is not possible to check dependences during upgrades. That hMailserver is not supported is a side notice (!) in the upgrade howto, which I did not need.
So now I'm here, having a problem "over night" without preparation. Thanks for that. :(

Anyways, Plesk installed MailEnable Standard which I cannot use because I need IMAP support. (Does MailEnable Standard still not support IMAP, or maybe with a PLESK helper tool or something?)

I stopped MailEnable now and restarted hMailserver which seems to work fine as of now.

However, this can only be a workaround for some days as the users will try to add new mailboxes sooner or later. And I really don't want to do this by hand - even though it's 10 domains and it will happen once a year ;)

Do you have any ideas on how:
- I get a (cheapter than MailEnable) mailserver that supports IMAP out of the box?
- I could possibly transfer the existing mails to the aforementioned mailserver?
- If there maybe is a way to include hMailserver into Plesk 11.5?

Thanks so much!
Max

Yeah, I really did not do that. My fault... on the other hand, some warning would be nice. Maybe force users to do the pre-upgrade check?

So, the MailEnable "Plesk version" is a special edition of the standard edition supporting IMAP? Is that correct?

You can download and run pre-upgrade checker manually before performing upgrade. Just use script from mentioned KB article.
And "Plesk version" of ME is the same as Standard Edition, but just installed with special option for IMAP support.

You can download and run pre-upgrade checker manually before performing upgrade. Just use script from mentioned KB article.
And "Plesk version" of ME is the same as Standard Edition, but just installed with special option for IMAP support.

Hi there,
I have the Mail Enable Professional Trail version installed on my server with Plesk 11.5, so I could use IMAP.
If I uninstall this, will I be left with Mail Enable SE with IMAP support?

Kind regards,
Rhys Stephens

That's not terribly comforting.
If I uninstall ME Professsional and ME is missing. How can I get the SE version with IMAP?

You'll lose IMAP if you uninstall Plesk version and install standart version. Standart edition setup doesn't have IMAP support.
Plesk's MailEnable version is somewhere between Professional and Standart. It has DomainKeys and IMAP support and these are things Standart version doesn't have.
I don't know if MailEnable can be installed by Plesk Installer after an uninstall (of Professional or Enterprise Versions).
Has anybody tried that?

Just a heads up to all of you: ME Standard supports IMAP now without any modifications made by Parallels. It is a "new" feature for ME 4 now :)

During the upgrade Pre-Upgrade check should be carried out and notifies you that hMailserver is not supported. You can see it in article http://kb.parallels.com/9436
Standard MailEnable in Plesk should provide IMAP service by default.
Also check Release Notes for newest Plesk version before upgrade. There are listed all supported software - http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...-plesk-panel-11.5-for-windows-based-os.html#4
I also meet this, I tried do along but no result. Do you have other method?

Back