• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Upgrading ubuntu lightsail instance for more memory/cpu/diskspace. What do I need to change in the nginx conf files

paulmac

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
I need to increase the diskspace and memory on a lightsail instance running Plesk obsidian. I have been hitting problems which seem to be Nginx related.

I create a snapshot of the old Ubuntu server in lightspeed then I create a new instance from this snapshot with the new hardware requirements. I then swap the static IP address from the old server to the new server and was hoping everything would work lol.

Nginx fails to start mainly because it is bound to the private IP address of the old server. I tried making changes to all the old conf files by replacing the old private IP address with the new private IP address and managed to get NGINX starting but ended up getting a bind error on all my domains appearing in the nginx error log.
So my query is, Is there an easier way of doing this or do I need to keep plodding along changing all the conf files that I can find ?

The problem was caused by so when I created a new instance based on an plesk snapshot it added a second interface and Ip address of 172.xxx.xxx.40 but didn’t remove the old interface and ip address of 176.xxx.xxx.53

the issue was caused by both internal IPs pointing to the same public IP. I resolved the issue by removing one internal IP, rereading the IP addresses and reapplying the public IP address after running plesk repair web -y. The websites need to point to the dedicated Public IP for everything to work.

Back