• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upload Files To Server

P

propmaster

I know this has got to be one of the dumbest questions posted here but I just don't know how to do it.
How do you do it and what different programs do you use to upload files to the server root such as the yum.conf file?
Thanks!

Well there's 2 basic methods I know

1. SSH and use a text editor like vi or pico to create/edit the file. If you use putty for SSH you can paste by right clicking the window. If you know the contents of the file this can be very easy.

2. Upload the file via FTP and move it. Not the best method because you need to type those long paths but it works well.

Sorry, Still Confused

Ok... I use putty for SSH and I have already edited the yum.conf file. You say I can paste to the putty window? Let's say I have already signed into root in putty. Now, what do I put in putty before I right click and paste? Do I copy what I have edited and paste that into putty? If so, what do I add to putty first so it knows where to put it? I'm sorry for all the questions but I am still lost. I know this must be simple but I don't know. You helped me yesterday to fix mysql. But, someone else had already uploaded the yum file for me and I can't get ahold of them to ask how.

Originally posted by Highland
Well there's 2 basic methods I know

1. SSH and use a text editor like vi or pico to create/edit the file. If you use putty for SSH you can paste by right clicking the window. If you know the contents of the file this can be very easy.

2. Upload the file via FTP and move it. Not the best method because you need to type those long paths but it works well.

Try SecureCRT to acheive "copy and paste"....

If not, putty doesn't seem to have a "copy and paste" function... so type it out bud :)

Back