1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Uploading to Sub-domain using FP {Newbie/dummy/idiot]

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by moby, Feb 4, 2006.

1. moby

moby Guest

Hi All
    I am probably asking the most idiotic question, but how do you upload to a subdomain using Frontpage so that it goes to the subdomain and not onto my main site.
    On my old site I uploaded manually [before I discovered FP] so did not have this problem.

My sub-domain is xxxx.mydomain.co.za
    I created a different FTP account for it, then deleted it, then re-created it.
    I don't even know if the FTP account has anything to do with Front Page.
    If I go into my file manager on my plesk c/panel, I have a folder called subdomains, I click on that and I get the subdomain name, but how do I get the info I want to go into the subdomain to the subdomain.
    Do I have to create new folders on my computer in my main site folders, currently I have a seperate folder for the subdomain.
    I tried using the user name and password on the login thing in frontpage to the one I had put in on the subdomain management panel, but that did not work either.

Somebody please walk me through this, I am not a total idiot normally but this has really got me stumped.

Thanks tons
    Moby

2. Gris@

Gris@ Guest

When you will create connection using FP you should use
    http://xxxx.mydomain.co.za
    as login credentials you should use login of ftp user of subdomain