• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[urgent] backup email from one server to plesk

stefanoostwegel

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I have got 3 servers.
One running CPanel, one running VDesk and one running plesk 11 Centos6
I cannot use the migration manager to take over the emails to the new server.
I want to get the mails of all my domains on the cpanel and the vdesk panel to my plesk server.
I could download all emails over pop3 to my locla machine, transfer domains and then recreate the email address..
Using pop3 that wouldnt mather..
But i use IMAP and i would like all these emails to be transfered to the new domain.
How could i sent downloaded emails back to the server|???
Plese help me out, this is verry important!!!!!
Thank you in advance!

Hmm,
Ive read this all.
It seems that does wont work if i move a domain to a new server.
Its from one company going to my own vps.
The mailboxes are not available simultaneously.
I need another tool to completly save it, and then move it, as i cannot have the urls double in two different server systems.
Any other help please?

You can move this domain to any server you want.

This imapcopy gives you power to transfer/move all emails through IMAP where ever they are. I can move emails between your two server from my server. All i need is IP addresses from both server and email account name/password, nothing else. It doesn't require to even have DNS entries pointed to new server, or even same domain name.

You can have this two domain names:
- exampleone.com on one server
- exampleone.com on other server/VPS

You can move emails to third domain exampletree.com on that second server/VPS, neither the domain name have to be same.

(sometimes this imapcopy can stuck/stop working, i don't know why, so just remove the folder and download everything again and everything will be working)

Last edited:
Back