• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[URGENT] Mail for one domain is undeliverable.

G

Geoff Winans

I went so far as to bomb the entire domain out of plesk and delete the mess of **** that PLESK left behind.

I then re-created the domain, moved my content back into place, recreated my databases and attempted to re-create the original email address ( gw [at] geeklan dot com ).

All mail to that email address returns (same for any account I create under that domain):

------

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at geeklan.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<**MASKED**>
Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)

I'm beginning to think the upgrade to 9.2.1 from 9.0 was a huge mistake.

PSA DB looks fine, all expected entries are there, mchk --with-spam does absolutely nothing. I'm lost. I need this to work. I've lost 3 clients over this now and it is, naturally, pissing me off.

HELP!

Hello,

Such error messages which are generated by different SMTP servers means that the mailbox you are trying to send mail to doesn't exists. So, if the problem is with remote server you should ask that server administrator if such a mailbox exists.

If the error occurs when you send mail to your Parallels Plesk Panel (PPP) server, make sure that the mail address you are trying to send mail to really exists and Mail service for the domain is enabled. Also, check that MX (A) record for the domain you trying to send mail to is resolved to the server you expect.

Please, see the following article for more information:

http://kb.odin.com/en/797

Back