• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Urgent SSL Issue - certificate assigned but not working

grumpydev

New Pleskian
This is a new PLESK 11.09 #28 install on a centos 5,8 box.

I have a domain certificate that was working perfectly fine last night however as of a few hours ago it has started to throw warnings that the certificate is not valid

You attempted to reach www.domainx.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as *.opendns.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of www.domainx.com.

I cannot see why this is happening. One thing i did notice is that for the IP Address is now shows "Default Certificate" instead of the actual certificate I want to use. In fact, it doesn't give me the option to select the certificate for domainx is no longer in the select list.

Looking at the Websites & Domains > Hosting Settings it shows that the domain name should be utilizing the correct certificate.

Any assistance that could be provided is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

this may be caused by our corporate network internet filters. I will post more once I have tracked down the cause of this issue.

It appears that opendns is a product that filters internet domains based on corporate policies. It turns out that our IT staff implemented this today without notifying anyone.

If you do see this message in the future, no need to panic - your ssl certificate is likely ok.

Back