• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

URL redirection while keeping the url

MarchelV

New Pleskian
Hello all.

I am trying to redirect/forward an url to an external server, on that server are several folders which I need to access.

In Parallels Panel I selected "Websites & Domains", after that "Add New Domain".
For domain name I gave zuil.st...", selected "Use our DNS settings" and "Forwarding". In the "Destination address" I gave the IP number of the server.

Now I have a forward from "zuil.st..." to "195.x.x.x", that works like a charm. (in the root of the remote server I placed an index file which is shown when I go to "zuil.st...".)

However... When I go to "zuil.st... /folder" (the folder does exists) I assume I would end up at "195.x.x.x /folder", I end up in the root of the "195.x.x.x".

Could anyone please explain how I solve this mystery?

With kind regards,
Marchel Veneman

Hi MarchelV,

are your Pleskservers the primary nameservers or did you use external ones?

Looks like that the resolution of the subdomain doesn't work.
Additional, please check, if you find any access on the second server in the logs.

Hi again,

It seems we found the solution.

By going to the IIS, selecting the site "zuil.st..." and selecting "HTTP Redirect" we removed the options under "Redirect Behavior" (leave the two select buttons blank).
After doing this we can access subdirectories on the remote server again!

Question is why ISS doesn't automatically enables this...

Back