• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Use Plesk API for post install server configuring.

P

Patrick M

Hi,

I work on an environment where we build Virtuozzo containers with Plesk server installed on each instance. All the steps are done through the Virtuozzo API and Plesk API. Building the container and intalling Plesk 9.3 works great. My final step is to reset the admin password on the Plesk control panel in order to prevent anyone from guessing the IP address of the installed Plesk, and inputting the default user/pass (admin/setup) that are selected on installation.

My approach is to use the Plesk API and call the SetPassword command as follows:
<packet version="1.5.2.0">
<server>
<set>
<password> + newPassword + </password>
</set>
</server>
</packet>

When sending this command, I get the following error:
Plesk is not configured. You should go to the control panel for postinstall server configuring.

I understand that on a typical manual installation, you have to login using the default user/pass and setup some configuration. The post install wizard asks a few questions like the contact infos and such. But I really don't want to do this manually before i can change the admin password. Remember that this whole process is automatic and waiting for someone to complete this step manually is far from ideal.

Is there a way to bypass this check and change the admin password through the plesk API?
Is there a way to complete the post install process through Plesk API calls?

I just saw a button in Virtuozzo Linux PIM that can be used to change the admin password manually.

Go to the container's Software tab, click Control Panels, and click 'Manage' under Plesk control panel.
The next windows show a 'Log In to Plesk' and a 'Change password' link.

What I want it this same functionality through either the virtuozzo api or the plesk api.

Anybody has seen a way to do this?
Someone at parallels must know how to do it, since you implemented it...

Back