• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Using Admin Account

sheriwolf

New Pleskian
Dears,

I have a web hosting from GOdaddy using online Plesk12. I've created database recently however everytime I log in using the online console I find myself using the "associated username" that I created with creating the database. Not the admin user. would you please help me to know how to create a password for admin account and how to switch to it.

Regards,
Sherif S

Could you please clarify what do you mean "using the online console"?
If you need admin access to all databases on server, use "Tool" icon for login to phpmyadmin in Tools&Settings -> Database Servers

hi IgorG, I'm new to database usage unfortunately, I didn't find "Tools&settings" in my online please panel. but I can find "databases" which I already used to create new database and enter it using "webadmin". However this way has low privileges as I can't add procedures (Functions).

It looks like that you have only user's account for login to Plesk but not admin. In this case, you can't manage databases as admin.

okay would you please clarify how to create admin account? .. I had this webhosting from godaddy, is that normal to not have admin account over my databases?

What is name you use for field "Username" there? 'admin' or something else?

12422311_10156549524035004_1381103843_o.jpg

So, if I correctly understood you haven't Administrator assess to this Plesk server. You need to ask Plesk Administrator to create additional admin account for you.

many thanks for your help, I would be thankful if you tell me how to contact Plesk administrator. do they have support email?

many thanks for your help, I would be thankful if you tell me how to contact Plesk administrator. do they have support email?
I suppose that you should contact your hosting provider with this question.

huum .. I don't think this will be helpful. I guess controlling my databases must be much easier. anyway I do appreciate your help :) .. have a good day IgorG

Back